Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Missing on one cylinder

ozfreerider1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
Dam well my vr is still playing up every now and then on gas and petrol, one or 2 cylinders missing, Most times if I rev to 3000 for a second it seems to go alright until it goes back to idle, I put injector cleaner through it and it improved, for that tank, If anyone has any ideas let me no, Iv already had it at the machnic and told him what it was doing and he said the plugs were crossed which I have some doubt about because it would have did it all the time, also most times I start it, its ok until it drops to idle. there seems to be a pattern there thanx

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
If it was a bad coil it would be felt on the other plug the coil fires as well I think....

No. I have had a coil go where just one tower was not firing properly, but causing a miss.

If you have isolated your missing cylinder then to test, swap the sus coil with the one next to it and see if the miss moves to the other cylinder, if it the miss stays in the same cylinder start looking at the plug, lead or injector.

ozfreerider1

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr
My vr seems alittle worst, Can anybody recommend a descent mechanic in geelong that has experience with lpg manuals, Last time I went to a mechanic and spent $850.00 at a big pretty building and after 4 goes I relised they never changed the leads, and So I told them to change them and it went perfect (no backfire) How stupid is that, I even told them I was having problems with backfire after holden tuned it, With the problem I have now I have paid a mechanic $88 and explained the problem but they don’t seem to listen, That was another waste of $88. This is why I hate so called proffessinal mechanics, I have 4 cars in my family and I can name 10 times I have been to get work done to one of the cars where I was ripped of , I got my brakes machined and went to get them adjusted 2ks down the road and they said we machined them to fix them so tell me whos lying, The problem was an ajusting valve (cant think of pro name).I need a mechanic that I can tell them what is happerning exactly so they stop guessing and costing me a fortune. That’s my bitch for the day, If there gonna charge big money then learn the trade properly