Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mitty's VE ute

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Utes going away today for the air bag kit and i forgot to post up pics of the new mods
IMG_1674.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
I've found a PS3 broken on ebay that i will be able to fix with some spares.
Im going to break it down and than mount it in a clear perspex case under the seat, the ps3 give bluray dvd, games with wireless control storage for movies games music pictures etc.
All this for a bit more than it would cost to buy a good dvd headunit.
As you can see i have mx reflex playing on the headunit.

Size is a big thing the ps3 is massive, so instead of using the powersupply and a inverter im going to throw out the PSU.

PS3 has these voltage inputs
+12v
GND
+5v
+5v
GND
GND
+3.3v
001757.jpg

In that order of the ribbon strip, You can get micro ATX power supplys that run off 12v for pc that has a rating of 200watt well above the usage of the ps3. That provides all the voltage inputs you need plus a external power for a larger 3.5inch HDD instead of the laptop HDD they come with which are expensive for less storage.

HSV085

Reaction score
Members Ride
16' VF2 Redline, 17' VF2 GTS
Awsome ute you've got mate, i like the mods that have been done sofar:thumbsup:

chris148

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
looking awesome mate i was thinking about doing the stereo swap for one with a screen how much roughly has it cost you so far ?

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
$1300 budget around $600 for a screen $600 for vim and HVAC programming and 100 bucks for postage and time.

chris148

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve sv6
thats not too bad actually what have you done with the lcd screen ontop of the stereo ? or is it just blank ?
will defs have to save some cash and look for one through the wreckers

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
Nothing yet i might change it over to triple guages but for now holden will just tech 2 it to display volts and oil pressure

1989mitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 ute
My ute is GONE! Mick come and pick it up on a trailer yesterday to do in air bag install.
Would get onto the trailer had to reverse teh trailer up to a gutter and drive the car off the gutter onto the trailer.
Even than theres like 3 mil eaither side and the back wheels are right at the limit of the end of the trailer but we put a **** load of straps on it.

Cant wait to get it back going to be another week but, Micks looking to see if maybe it will fit 24 inch wheels in the rear with some mods, and just 22's up front.

Ill post pics up as i get them