Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mobile Phones

Which OS does your phone run?

• iOS

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • Android

Votes: 35 50.7%
  • Windows

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • Other

Votes: 4 5.8%

• Total voters

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
How's it feel carrying a mini tablet in your pocket (if it fits)?

Have you seen the size of my hands? Its like a regular sized phone for me.

Battery life is fantastic compared to be old Galaxy, its quick, camera is amazing for a phone, I love the screen.

The only downside is the case I have, i have the Samsung flip case and its kinda annoying when taking photos.

Linzi

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim
iPhone 5, black, 64GB IOS (6.1.3), in all its sleek naked case-less beauty, but with a screen protector.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
White iPhone 5.. Unprotected with no cover..
Was on a jail broken iPhone 3GS..

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
Galaxy S2 + 64gb micro sd card + bigger battery in a flip open leather case. Jelly Bean something.something.something. Will prob upgrade it to a S4 or note towards the end of this year.

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
Samsung Gallaxy S2, Micro SD card, Leather Massimo Case Running Jelly Bean

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
I have a 2010 Original Apple iPhone 4. $49 a month plan through Telstra, gives me all the calls/data that I need. Runs 6xxx iOS environment. I use it for facebook, weather, email, traffic reports (when travelling), and MP3 player.

Its black; I have considered upgrading to the 5 for an extra $30/month but decided to keep my phone til it dies/is redundant. Had a case but the main button needs a very firm push so it now has no case. Just as well, without a case it slips in and out of my pockets easier. Main issue with iPhone is I live in a rural area and coverage is a bit sketchy - eg. cannot access internet etc when in nearby villages.

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Nice! I would say you can use apple and windows to do a basically the same thing Using windows 8 and my iPhone I have:
• 3 emails accounts merged into my iPhone.
• using ICloud and skydrive I'm able to back up iPhone and link all documents to any device *remote access*.
• Bluetooth with computer, home system, car head-unit. Also just plugs right in.
• remotely connect with my iTunes and updates through Bluetooth or syncing, whatever I feel like at the time.
• Veency, controls iPhone direct from computer.
• remote access for computer to use iPhone as Internet source.
• remotely I can access, home lighting system, tv gadgets, mouse and keyboard, Blue ray disc, security cameras at home etc so many things. Technology is awesome!!

There's plenty of apps through iTunes and Cydia that will allow you to do the same/similar things but just using iOS and windows software. Just requires a 5 minute jail break and your set.

That's a solid set-up too. I've checked on the iOS and Windows front but they just don't have the apps or quality of apps for the 'questionable' activities. They're also mostly payware as opposed the veritable ****-tonne of free Android stuff. There's a bunch of other stuff too not worth a mention that iOS and Windows simply don't cater for in the same detail or functionality such as Locus/Geocaching (I barely recognise Locus on iOS) to apps like aCar.

markbaja

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec & SZ Territory Diesel
On the last day of my galaxy s2, with 32 GB sd card, running ICS 4.0.4, and a case mate tough case, rooted from day one. This is passed on to my daughter tonight, then my note 2, rooted with cf-root, 64 GB sd card, also using a case mate tough case.
Was going to get the s4, but the display is almost as good on the note 2, the battery is way better on the note 2, and I just love the large screen.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2