Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mod Plate/Engineer Cert

Deuce

Super Stock
Reaction score
Members Ride
'94 VR SS V8
I don't live in NSW and I also do not issue these types of certs.
But if I did: did a VS commy have this engine as an option? What other things came on that same variant in regards to brakes, wheels & suspension etc? Have these also been converted during the engine swap?
If so, then gmh are okay with this combo, and I am ok with this combo.

Hopefully my theory is what your inspecting officer also thinks.

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
It all depends on who’s testing and how the rules are interpreted. It’s not clear cut.
yes with pink slips there easy but blue slip are different kettle of fish this is from repco

Blue Slip Inspections in NSW
What is a Blue Slip Inspection?
A Blue Slip Inspection report verifies the safety of an unregistered vehicle, while making sure it meets design and identity standards. This includes vehicles where registration has expired or for inspections of vehicles before purchase.

Differences in Blue Slip and Pink Slip Inspections
  1. A forensic styled vehicle identity check that will precisely identify any vehicle.
  2. A ‘written off’ vehicle check that identifies stolen vehicles that are rebadged with identity plates from wrecked vehicles.
  3. A design inspection making sure vehicles meet design and manufacturing standards.
  4. Blue Slip inspections are required for interstate vehicles being re-registered within NSW.
With your Blue Slip Inspection papers received from your mechanic, you will also be given other forms that you will be required to complete. Once these forms have been completed you will be authorised to purchase a green slip and finalise your vehicle registration online, by mail or your nearest MVR.

Book a Blue Slip Inspection Online today with one of our Authorised Vehicle Inspection

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
yes with pink slips there easy but blue slip are different kettle of fish this is from repco

Blue Slip Inspections in NSW
What is a Blue Slip Inspection?
A Blue Slip Inspection report verifies the safety of an unregistered vehicle, while making sure it meets design and identity standards. This includes vehicles where registration has expired or for inspections of vehicles before purchase.

Differences in Blue Slip and Pink Slip Inspections
  1. A forensic styled vehicle identity check that will precisely identify any vehicle.
  2. A ‘written off’ vehicle check that identifies stolen vehicles that are rebadged with identity plates from wrecked vehicles.
  3. A design inspection making sure vehicles meet design and manufacturing standards.
  4. Blue Slip inspections are required for interstate vehicles being re-registered within NSW.
With your Blue Slip Inspection papers received from your mechanic, you will also be given other forms that you will be required to complete. Once these forms have been completed you will be authorised to purchase a green slip and finalise your vehicle registration online, by mail or your nearest MVR.

Book a Blue Slip Inspection Online today with one of our Authorised Vehicle Inspection
Sounds exactly the same as a vic rwc which is apparently much more strict.

I’d be very surprised if he gets knocked back. Plenty of people do engine conversions in nsw without issue.

UTE042_NZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 Magnum Ute
Is it not standard or modified though? The problem is that the wording around it is too vague, make and model are never actually defined in the document they have. Depending on who reads the legislation it might be a factory swap, or it might not be. They're all "factory" components of the original engine family, the same vehicle series, the manufacturer offers this engine in another variant of the same make or model (which one then?). Particularly this one - "Fitting a turbocharger/supercharger to any vehicle of a make and model not offered with a turbocharger/supercharger by the manufacturer." - well, which one is it? Make or model, and what do they mean by make or model? The make was offered with the supercharger, but the model - does that mean all VS Commodores or just the ute? Is the make the VS series or all Commodores or do they mean Holden? If they mean Holden that means you could strap an M90 to a Barina and get away with it. Same deal with a 202 or a 5L if they mean Commodores (and then at the least the VS ute). If they mean VS then he's set. Depending on your perspective the wording could be pretty "flexible".
Legislation: "Make and model"
You: "Make or model"

I read that the legislation states that the modification must be available on an existing make AND model. "Make" is easy, but how do you define "model"?
It could be interpreted as you can't put something from a Holden VP Executive into a Holden VP Berlina unless the VP Berlina also had that option. Are all Holden VP Commodores the same model, or are VP Berlina and VP Executive different models? VP Sedans and VP wagons are different models or not? Definitely couldn't swap anything between a Holden VP Commodore and a Toyota Lexcen (T2) could you, they're different makes of the same model aren't they?

I would ask an expert as the interpretation could vary from town to town let alone state to state.

Phillbert

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS L67 Ute, VX SS
Ok finally got it sorted with the RMS.
If any one ever needs to sort this sort of thing out (in NSW) contact the RMS Modification Section on 1300 137302
According to them it is just a straight record new numbers and away you go. No special anything just a standard RWC Cert.

They also said if an Inspection Station knocks it back it is due to them not knowing the rules and covering there ass, they should not in business, so i was quoted lol.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
RMS is decent to deal with most things compared to ol' RTA system.

Usually if they have it in their system they'll pass it...if they don't a trip down to RMS with a friendly smile will do the trick.