Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Modified MY09 VE SV6

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
SSLs in the rear to even out the height (the front is sitting at 380mm and the rear is now 350mm)

Just a tip - that's NOT even. That means the rear is lower than the front - which looks ridiculous! Not to mention means your headlights need adjusting down so they don't dazzle other drivers and it will now handle like pooh compared to a proper setup.

HoldenRep

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
It sits good, what are you on about... i own this car now.

HoldenRep

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
Dude... you can't even tell the difference... all i know is it's sexy as a mofo! the only way you could tell is iff you got down and measured the back and front...

The muffler scrapes on speed bumps... its low enough... it looks even... its feels even... my guess is it is even.

Attachments

• SDC10028.jpg
    SDC10028.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 332

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
wow, its a small world,
looking at that picture I would say that you do in fact own my car, one way to tell is there is a scrape under the front of the right side skirt near the jack point...
you have a keen eye because I took the wheels, taillights and spoiler off before I sold it

anyway,
the car isnt stock, I take it youve read my car thread but in short it has:
pacemaker extractors, hi-flow 200cpi cats, standard catback with ss mufflers, mace manifold insulators, airhammer intake and a tune to 98 unleaded
SSL rear springs and monroe shocks, front SSL springs, slotted front rotors, QFM HPX brake pads all round, TRW GP600 brake fluid, black painted calipers, black painted lion badges, G8 rear diffuser, tinted indicators, carbon fibre dash inserts

no I dont have a final dyno figure because I was always playing with it, you could estimate off other peoples threads who have done similar (maybe 225ish kw at the engine), I dont really care though because it was never about having a million kw to me it was about how the car feels and drives and I reckon its awesome

in terms of being a P-plater it will be fine, they only care about the type of car you have not whether its modified, and a SV6 is allowable for you. how are they gonna know if it has a tune? theres no roadside dyno tests hah!

now when I sold it, I told the dealer all of my mods but they didnt seem very interested...

yes it is low without being silly, youll be fine on 95% of bumps etc, but take steep driveways carefully and watch out for the front on those big shopping centre parking stops!

anyway sounds like you are having fun, treat her well, maybe I could meet up with you sometime if you want to chat, PM me if you have any other q's

Last edited:

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
Just a tip - that's NOT even. That means the rear is lower than the front - which looks ridiculous! Not to mention means your headlights need adjusting down so they don't dazzle other drivers and it will now handle like pooh compared to a proper setup.

Just a tip - a stock VE's body sits on an angle with the front slightly lower than the rear even though the hub to guard measures are the same, having the back 30mm lower than the front evens this out and the car now sits level, many people with VEs will tell you the same thing...

HoldenRep

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
Sorry bout me mail to you Tom... i didn't read this first... (i asked you again what its got)

yeah this cars a beast... i wasn't planning on making it a million kw's i just thought of getting a standard one and modding it so its alil better then standard.

yeah there is a lil paint taken off the front... but the dealership must of put sumthing black in it cause you can only just see it.
same as the scratches on the wing and boot.

For a car thats done 50,000+ k's it drives like new to me... and is kept is remarkable condition.

I'll chat to ya more via mail.

would be grand to meet with ya one day, to see the insperator.

Tye.

HoldenRep

Reaction score
Members Ride
SV6
Down at the GC on the first weekend of owning this beast.

Attachments

• 206268_2005164128873_1236732195_32449123_3943021_n.jpg
    206268_2005164128873_1236732195_32449123_3943021_n.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 336
  • SDC10024.jpg
    SDC10024.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 234
  • SDC10021.jpg
    SDC10021.jpg
    107.7 KB · Views: 254

Tommo_27

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV
What are you driving now since you sold the SV6?

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
yeah I kept that thing immaculate, good oil, got a full detail 6months ago too!
there are heaps of little things I did... i wouldnt mind seeing old blackie again!

havent got around to doing a new car thread, will do very soon, still working on my new car but heres a peek

Attachments

• IMG_0476a.jpg
    IMG_0476a.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 416