Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mods on my vt s1 v6 6 speed auto exe. wagon

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Hey mate thank you very much for your response earlier I really appreciate it, I was wondering how you plastic welded it? Did you melt zip ties or somthing along those lines??
I used a soldering iron, just a cheap one l had from jaycar. For the welding rods (hahahaha) l used the rest of the front wh bumper.
I cut long, thin strips of the bumper.

I also had a play with other car plastics, like the dash surround that l had, that needed repairing.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! :)

If you go ahead with it, good luck. Remember it's not going to take 5 minutes. It took me months to do it.

Please keep the forum updated with your project or build thread! & pics too please!
We all like pics! :) :cool:

H0lden

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VQ caprice
I used a soldering iron, just a cheap one l had from jaycar. For the welding rods (hahahaha) l used the rest of the front wh bumper.
I cut long, thin strips of the bumper.

I also had a play with other car plastics, like the dash surround that l had, that needed repairing.
Nothing ventured, nothing gained! :)

If you go ahead with it, good luck. Remember it's not going to take 5 minutes. It took me months to do it.

Please keep the forum updated with your project or build thread! & pics too please!
We all like pics! :) :cool:
Thanks for all the advice I really appreciate it, I’m thinking of doing it yet I’m not sure if it will work with the two tone paint job (red and silver) what state are you in? Is there any chance you would be willing to make a second? Seeing yours turned out so well, again thank you for your help

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Thanks for all the advice I really appreciate it, I’m thinking of doing it yet I’m not sure if it will work with the two tone paint job (red and silver) what state are you in? Is there any chance you would be willing to make a second? Seeing yours turned out so well, again thank you for your help
I'm in Geelong.
I have plans of making another one. Spare for me.

No, l have no intentions of making anything for somebdy else.
I'm not a professional, don't know anything, but if l want something, l try & do it myself. :cool: