Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Monaro tail lights with VT boot garnish - please don't!

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
i think at the end of the day if ya have to take car off the road to long and ya cant then buy the parts and store them till you have all parts and do it in 1 hit rather than having ugly half done jobs it looks stupid
like primmed bumbers if ya dont have the cash dont start the project till ya have all parts and can do it in minnimal time

ephect

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
looks is not the be all and end all, yes its nice to have a good, finished looking car, but if ur car is off the road becoz of a missing/damaged bumper, i'd be droppin on a primmed or bumper from the wreckers to get me by, until i had time/money to finish sanding/painting.

some ppl cant just buy and store parts til they have the money to do it in one hit. some ppl need there car, to get to work, to make money, to finish there car. it may look like sh!t, but it gets you by.

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
cant.........seem.........toooo.....wait..... :bang: hahahaha i dunno if ne1 is like me 1nc u buy somthing u have 2 have it dun or fitted straight away as soon as u got it or seen it and want it lol but u guys r right but meh it'll get dun only i know that it will tho :p

holdenrules

Reaction score
The VT garnish should have never seen the light of day ;)
That's a bit harsh, the VT garnish has a nice classic look to it, especially how it has the word HOLDEN underneath it.

Agreed that looks stupid with any other tail lights, the VT unpainted garnish only suits the original VT tail lights.

jabsy1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
yeah don't knock classic vt. i like it. like you said with the vt lights aswell though

holdenrules

Reaction score
Sorry Cuz Thats Wrong And Looks Pox ( Note That The reverse lights Are Painted Not RWC )
Are you referring to a painted or unpainted VT garnish? Daron's setup has the reverse lights relocated next to the indicators in his VT tail lights (have a look at the pictures of it earlier in this thread) and is perfectly legal.

Last edited:

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Sorry Cuz Thats Wrong And Looks Pox ( Note That The reverse lights Are Painted Not RWC )

the reverse lights r painted obviously so it doesnt look rediculous with 4 reverse lights hahaha i must say tho 4 reverse lights atm really let u see everything from behind :whistling haha

holdenrules

Reaction score
Yeah, I once saw some idiot who actually wired up all four reverse lights! :eek: It looked terrible. That's the reason why I started this thread! :p

beeks

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6 5sp MKII + DR 600S
heres some pics
not that clear but ya can see what its like
First and foremost,not bad at all.7/10,more point's could be had if the engineering extended to separating the indicator and reverse assembly thus seperating the two.
1st time I have seen this done though and I encourage developement in this field.