Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

monster tacho mounting positions

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
. .
IMG_2336.JPG

VT_Lance

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT pov pack
you've got a auto so how is a aftermarket 100" tacho with a shift light gonna help you drive your auto?

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Yes my car is a vt, of course it has a stocko tacho. I also have a mate with a monster tacho in a vt that proves that the stocko tacho is out by about 400rpm.

How so, when the Tacho is wired into the same wiring of the factoy dash tacho?

Thought of on the other side of the gear selector, or under steering wheel?

alien

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Supercharged 3.8L
The VT's i've seen have never been out by anywhere near 400rpm! I think that might have something to do with a dodgy cluster! That person should get it looked at by an auto electrician.

cander24

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ GTO. VS LS1.
What are the legalities of them? can they be up on the dash like that or what

Not sure about legalities when they're mounted to the pillar, but when mounted to the dash, no part of the gauge can be higher than the highest part of the dash pad so as not to restrict any sight lines.

Ado

Are we there yet?
Reaction score
Members Ride
vsII statesman L67
i guess no one read the if you don't like monster tachos don't post.....

Yes my car is a vt, of course it has a stocko tacho. I also have a mate with a monster tacho in a vt that proves that the stocko tacho is out by about 400rpm.

ALSO. not all tachos got to like 13k. there are some that goto 9k that i have seen. But as i have said, im not buying one untill i know there is a good spot, if there isnt i wont buy one..

and finally, i have a pod on the pillar with my volt metre in it, i have no use for any other gauges.

Why dont you re read your first post?You didnt ask if we didnt like monster tachos just tachos.
I like tachos but the monster ones are stupid in cars that dont need them.I dont have a monster tacho in my car,come to think of it i dont have a chute or wheelie bars either.
Best place for a monster tacho?In a car that needs one,or eBay.:yeah:

H1GHROLLR

CHEMICALLY SUPERCHARGED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX CLUBSPORT R8 LS1
lol i only have it in my car so i can use it at the drags oh and so i can make a personal disco if you set the shift light rite and bounce ya car off rev limiter its your own yellow strobe light

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
Ever thought your mates monster tacho is out 400rpm?

Best place for a monster tacho is on a monster...

At the end of the day... your getting a monster tacho for the shift light rigth? because thats the only benefit of one...

So why don't you just get shift lights?

I had some Raptor shift lights imported from the USA... they are designed to go on motor bikes so are night and small and they don't run on a pill so you can adjust them as you like.

I had 2 just above the dash on my a-pillar.

Did the job...

GMHVF6

Naturally stroked
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SV6 Storm
wow... i can't believe people picked out that i didn't say "monster" tacho. But somehow i think its in the tittle, so you should have known what the topic was about before you posted in this thread....

On a side note. Can you hook a shift light too a stock vt cluster?

Last edited: