Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

monster tacho

fabz

I Can Do Science Me
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown V6 VT commodore 5 speed
ha ha both have a point sometimes it set off a cabin and looks great but others who put them in autos lmao WHATS THE POINT LMAO :D :w00t:

GrubSport

I just want one
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Exec S2
I have a 5 speed but I can see why auto owners would want one. I find it very beneficial to know how hard my engine is working under different: loads, atmospheric conditions, throttle etc. I can't see why auto drivers would be any different. They also aid in diagnosing a problem, and.... look great. I don't reckon I'd ever whack one in just for looks though. :confused:

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
heheh 10,000rpm tacho lol i can't stop laughing, i love it

O

oozinpsi

... man seiously the jokes a lil old now aye, answer the fkn question or find another thread

shazz308

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Berlina V6
Like the tacho wildss
Arent you fellas afraid someone is just going to smash the window and flog it? Thats like $300 gone. That'd have me on edge. Yeah be nice if someone else posted some pics of theirs.

r_i_d_a_h

Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 VS Commodore + '98 E36
most of you's are saying 'oh why bother putting a tacho in an auto'

..well you tell me this

..why is it that my 1997 VS holden commodore executive Series 2 Automatic rolled out of the factory with a FACTORY TACHO next to the speedometer?

VHSLX3300

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN S Pac VH SL/X
Well so you know what rpm the engines doing. A tacho isnt all about what gear you should be in. I mean yes a tacho for an auto is stupid but I usemine to get better fuel economy less rpm = less fuel used. Also having a tacho is practical for tuning etc. As for monster tachos if I liked them and owned one id probably put it under the cluster just before the fuse cover. That way its easy to see and is legal and is not as visable from the outside of the car. But everyone has the own opinion i just think there a bit ricey for a commo especially since most commos have them in the cluster. Cheers

38VNIT

Azerium
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing

Burnout_bro

Reaction score
Members Ride
HYPER VX SS/ R33 GTST
38vnit, how did u get that tacho to work in your vn i have the same one but the auto sparky said it wont work coz of some dual firing bullshit i wasnt really paying attention he said go get an autometer one that will work and they are like 600 bucks.