Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More ammo for ACA and TT

Bent_6

3/4motorsport
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S1 Acclaim V6/ VS SII Acclaim V6
Well the guy was 30 they said.

Apparently he was reported doing burnouts on Main north road, then ran.

This couldn't have gone any better as a warning to police/governments of what will become the norm because of their stupid rules.

You cant be serious??

I assume you are referring to the impound laws?

Would you prefer a 30yr old' p plater(read repeat offender?) capable of this carnage allowed to keep his 6 litre ute? (i live in adelaide too)
This was an accident looking for a place to happen.

Condolences to the families involved..

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
I'm looking at it from the flip side, He only ran because they were going to impound his car. They were only going to impound his car because he was doing burnouts on the street, and he was only doing burnouts on the street because there isn't anywhere open that you can do them legally.

There are other ways to solve the problem, impounding just appeals to them because it gets more votes from older people (note most of thier voters).

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
wait, im confused now

Who was at fault, and were they the P plater

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah the Ute with the p plates with the 30yo driver was the one in the highspeed chase. The green car was just on the other side of the road.

nicko

Carbon Positive - DO IT!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
75 cruiser ute
but there is a time and place to do a burnout. ok so we dont have anywhere do let rip legally in sa but that doesnt mean main north road in daylight is your only option either. How about some back street in the port or somewhere in the hills. Still illegal but much much safer compared a main road right?

Turd Ferguson

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Disco
****, was hoping for once the P plater was not the cause

Bent_6

3/4motorsport
Reaction score
Members Ride
I understand where your coming from mate.

Consider this though, you are familiar with the area, how fast would he need to be going to lose a chasing cop car over such a short distance?
Having driven past twice today, once when the cars were still there and through the scene this arvo, i doubt he was doing less than 150!

There would be no risk of his car being impounded if there was no burnout..

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
it was 2am not day time
the 30 yr old was out doing skids at night cops saw him and he deceided to run from cops, he lost the cops then crashed into innocent car just driving along
but im with stealthy stupid laws means they will and have had more high speed chases
the hoon laws dont stop hoons they take ya car for a week or 3 months meanwhile the hoon is in another car still beeing a hoon
stupid rules and gov need to drop it and make it diferent and these deaths wouldnt have happened

condols to all familays affected

Bent_6

3/4motorsport
Reaction score
Members Ride
Maybe not last night, but it was bound to happen, how do you get 'P' plates at 30??

If the driver didn't do the burnout, the cops wouldn't have chased him and this accident wouldn't have happened.

btw, have another read of your sig...appropriate i'd have thought

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
This specific driver was a wanker, yes, but the point i'm making, is this will be happening alot more. In fact i hope it happens daily until the government realise they've taken the wrong direction with this.

Hoon laws were introduced here when there became a problem. There was only a problem after our only track closed down (which is said to be reopening soon, but thats been said many times over the lasrt 4 or 5 years).

Do i need to explain it any better?