Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

things are just getting bad now, more and more codes

gazzat

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve 3.6L commodore omega automatic
Hi guys, so this 2006 VE V6 Omega is really pushing my buttons now. so i go under the id of gazzat. Ok so i had the over charging which i got fixed with a brand new alternator. So ok today jumped in the car (still have not traced the P0500-00 codes as yet, because i still don't believe that you would have 4 sensors go in the same time while just driving) anyway so i just jumped in the car to go to the garage to get lawn mower fuel (one of which is a ride on and far more reliable than the VE) so driving along all of a sudden i thought i was in the opera house , i had all this dinging and chimes and bells going off and i lost heaps of engine power. I look on the IC and it said something like Vehicle safety mode, engine power reduced to protect engine and something else i think. So i limped home and that s no joke, a bit faster than walking. I put the scanner on and yeh the 1st code was P0500-00 yeh yeh yeh i know so i commenced to read the others P0122,P2138,so these new ones seem to be associated with TPS and one again possible low power supply but i have also read about the wire loom/sensor at the pedal itself. Did a bit of reading and once again seems to be a common problem especially with the loom at the pedal with headlights going off in the dark or coming on in the daylight IC dimming or going on and off hearing chimes coming from the P/S (left side in Australia) somewhere oh another fault probably to do with saving the motor (limp mode) it felt like it was only running on 3 cylinders. Techies tried swapping over pedals onto different cars and or wiring looms to solve the problem they found that by putting a lot of foam around it and cable tieing as tight as possible to wherever it seemed to fix or reduce the problems. I think i read over in the great USA on their vehicles they were getting people to hold on if possible to the car reaches 20,000 then they have to get a new loom under warranty but not supplied by Holden but outsorced which was better built>Anyway i am just going to put my scanner on now and do a live view for the TPS and see if its getting a signal, but i dont know if the signal is coming from the engine sensor or the pedal sensor there are a few test to do, i brought this car second hand (so they got rid of it at the right time) but you know when you buy parts from wreckers they mark them with paint so they know its their one well my one already has that paint on it so now im thinking this has had troble before and it may be the pedal sensor. I dont know if its normal or not but when i switch off i hear like the TPS motor is moving, like its resetting itself, homeing itself or something.Anyway if anyone can throw a bit more light on this i would appreciate it.Cheers