Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

More VY Berlina problems!

HSVBoI

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY15 VF SV6 Storm (Prussian Steel) *For Sale*
Hey guys,

So, for the people who've read my other threads, you're probably getting sick of me asking about my problems I'm experiencing with my '03 VY V6 Berlina. (Thought they were fixed, then they show their faces, again. :\)

So, as I've been driving a mates SVZ lately, due to him loosing his license for a total of 12 months, the Berlina sat garaged without being started for around 10 days. Went to take her for a spin and, well she didn't like that idea. After 3 starts she was running pretty good, first 2 times she was running really rough, like a mis fire but didn't sound like it. Driving around was normal after the 3rd start.
Most likely not related, but, my sister and I have the same car (hers with under 100k kms and mine at 183k km) I notice I have a weird whining or humming sound coming from the engine bay, whereas she doesn't. I've had a listen but can't find where it's coming from, could this be the alternator?

Plugs and leads are all under 10,000km old, changed them a nearly a year ago. K&N filter was re oiled a month/150km ago. Going to clean all the sensors in the intake tomorrow. For a while now for the first start of the day, no matter what the weather is like it's hard to start, have to hold the key on for about 2-3 seconds. After the first start it starts pretty much instantly each start after. A new 620CCA battery was put in not long ago.

Thanks for any help,

Cheers!

HSVBoI

Reaction score
Members Ride
I'll try to get one today, when I can find my keys, again. Second time this week I've lost them, lucky I don't need my car much.

HSVBoI

Reaction score
Members Ride
This is the best I could get of the noise. I also noticed when starting up the rpm needle was moving up and down, there was around a 50rpm variance.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
I would take the belt off and check the bearings in the pulleys first mate. They wear out and get loud sometimes..

HSVBoI

Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, thanks. Kinda of make sense as the video shows the noise coming from lower than the alternator, so I'll check the pulleys tomorrow.
Once that's sorted, just have to find this little electrical gremlin that's playing with my stereo and the abs, trace control and whatever else it keeps bring up randomly. THEN, sort out why it's started to use lots of fuel all of a sudden. I do have 2 new O2 sensors in storage but I've never heard of the brand "PEC", so don't really want to use something that may be dodgy?