Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Morton's blue VP Executive

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
I'm only making rumours so he will talk :p. But he does plan to put a 5 litre in it when funds allow

Ohhh dammit i thought you were serious lol. Yeah i plan to do that, once i have made a quick V6 that doesn't include forced induction. I am trying to go as far as i can with modifying a V6 without super / turbo charging it. Then once i am done, i am gonna jump straight into a 5 litre.

Still have a while to go though.

jet_pilot

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp executive
not the only one ive got my foamy tune need extractor's then just doing look good stuff until its time for an 8

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Speaking of foamy tunes, my car bloody honks with the new tune. I am very happy with it! The lift it gets from first into second is fantastic.

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
Ohhh dammit i thought you were serious lol. Yeah i plan to do that, once i have made a quick V6 that doesn't include forced induction. I am trying to go as far as i can with modifying a V6 without super / turbo charging it. Then once i am done, i am gonna jump straight into a 5 litre.

Still have a while to go though.

I think your theory is flawed a bit because you could get a 5 litre in the car for 2 grand easily enough and you've probably spend nearly that making an extra 10 rwkw, where the 5 litre woudl have got you an extra 50, plus a better sound plus heaps more torque for 1/4 mile goodness. A 150 rwkw V6 wont be as quick as a 150 rwkw 5 litre

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Yeah i know, but i am still curious, i am learnign things along the way as well. I dunno it's weird, it's not about pulling power, it's more of a learning thing and taking a different path. I'll get to the 5 litre stage eventually. I'm curious to see how quick you can get a V6 without forced induction.

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
And he posts!!!

This week I FINALLY found a rental property, and now also have the INTERNETS!

I've moved into a share house with 4 girls ^^ what are the odds :p hahaha, they're really clean too, which is good, because I like clean.

So now the saving of money begins. I still have my heart set on a V8 - I even have my eyes on a couple of motors for sale up here in the sunshine state. I've done a little research, and have a few contacts, engine builders and retailers in mind, so mental progress is being made.

I have a lot to decide before I go out and start any sort of purshasing. And, ofc, I have to save up some dosh first. I currently find myself somewhat in debt, so I'll have to clear that before I can even consider putting money aside for pure fun and immaturity such as the purchase of a 5 litre ^^ haha

So I don't think there will be anything more happening in the way of vehicular modifications for quite some time. I'm going to play the stooge for 12 months, and do some serious hard-core budgeting and saving. I'm serious about getting this V8 powerplant in my garage, so I need to start with money, and start it now :)

oooh, and in other news, the VP now sports a shiny new VS V8 alloy radiator. Picked up brand new for $230, which I thought was a rather good deal :) Car runs BEAUTIFULLY cool now, and permits the use of aircon once again. Also a good thing. Especially in humid QLD.

And someone asked about removing the reflector from the front indicator? Patience. Nothing but patience. I bought a second set of indicators to experiment on first. Good thing too - I fudged one up. You basically get in there with something sharp and prise the lense off. They're fused together, so there's no proper way to do it.

You have to araldite the lense back onto the indicator once you've removed the reflector from inside. (which is also a little fiddly). Once the araldite has set, run a coat of selleys all clear around it for waterproofness, and with some good gloves on, dip your finger in some kerosene and run it around the edge. This creates a good clean seal, which should keep water out forever :)

Cyas 'round!

Wagon_Wheel

Drop A Patch....
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VS Clubsport, VP Wagon Daily
Good to hear from ya dude, hope all is well.
Hope cars still alive too!
Should be good with a 5ltr, just keep savin the pennys dude!

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
I've moved into a share house with 4 girls ^^ what are the odds :p hahaha, !

now we know why he hasn't posted, he's been bussy with his tool(s)

good to hear your still kickin it somewhere

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
FINALLY, was wondering when you would get the friggen internet to get back onto here.

good to here things are starting to go your way, have been meaning to give you a call but just been busy, KK and the other cruises are just not the same without you down here :p

hopefully you'll be able to make it down here sometime in the next few months :p :p :p :p

ill bug Grennan bout getting you in the vic validated section if your not already there so you can see the super massive KK thread.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VT s2 Exec, VX Calais II L67
hey morton, you given that new diff a run on the Gtech yet?