Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Motorsport rear lip spoiler removal

lockwood

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF MSE
Only for appearance, none of them perform any real function on street cars

MY17DIR

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 LE Director....
I was thinking of doing something similar. But was going to go down the path of getting another boot lid as I don't want to touch my original one. Maybe one day.

Rikes

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Redline
I have a slipstream blue bootlid with the SS lip spoiler in my garage if anyone wants it

Zaff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy One Tonner
Correct. I removed my little stick on spoiler no issue. I used a hair dryer, fishing line, lots of eucalyptus oil and paitence, plenty of it!
Hey duaned, I want to do the same remove the tiny lip spoiler and fit the genuine large spoiler on my Motorsport. Unlike the standard lip spoiler on most SS's, you are confirming the smaller lip spoiler fitted to the Motorsport edition is only glued on?
I ask as the dealer is trying to tell me they need to patch up the holes once spoiler removed and obviously repaint if thats the case, if not the case I will defiantly push to have my large boot lid spoiler dealer fitted.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The MS small spoiler is double sided taped on. You can actually leave it there and add the large T43/T4X spoiler to the bootlid.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
The largest spoiler requires cutouts in the boot lid and the underside braces. Personally I'd look for another boot lid with large spoiler and have it painted.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
I was thinking the MSE optional large spoiler might be worth considering as the standard MSE spoiler is too small IMO. Would have obviously been simple to have bought one with the big spoiler but I couldn’t source such a car with all the bovine excrement around them being sold out.

In any case, didn’t Holden state it’s a factory fit item only? Does that imply that there are some strengthening plates behind the sheet metal bolt holes that can’t be easily retrofitted to my boot lid? Or is it just that Holden couldn’t be bothered documenting a MSE big spoiler spare parts kit?

Are the big MSE spoilers available through spare parts for something approaching reasonable $ (they were a $550 factory option)?

(Part answered by Cuda while I was typing; thanks for info. Do you have pictures of the boot lid underside?)

Zaff

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy One Tonner
Has anyone left the original lip spoiler in place and mounted the optional large spoiler? If yes could you provide some pics to see how it looks PLEASE

Chubba

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV RDL
I was thinking the MSE optional large spoiler might be worth considering as the standard MSE spoiler is too small IMO. Would have obviously been simple to have bought one with the big spoiler but I couldn’t source such a car with all the bovine excrement around them being sold out.

In any case, didn’t Holden state it’s a factory fit item only? Does that imply that there are some strengthening plates behind the sheet metal bolt holes that can’t be easily retrofitted to my boot lid? Or is it just that Holden couldn’t be bothered documenting a MSE big spoiler spare parts kit?

Are the big MSE spoilers available through spare parts for something approaching reasonable $ (they were a $550 factory option)?

Looked into this out of curiosity a while ago. The RRP ex GST price is around 600. Think you need to upgrade gas strut (due to weight addition?).The spoiler kit P/N is 92457817, not seen one out of the box but..... you would be lucky if they came all black and shiny in the box so perhaps up for paint as well. Dont know about strut cost. It could be a bit of an exercise ( time and $ ). If you know a good spray painter that can colour match then Cuda's suggestion is worth considering. I'd keep the original boot(and lip spoiler) somewhere safe rather than putting holes in it. Later on if you change your mind you can swap it all back as it came delivered. Factory T4X option was cheap in comparison.

Chubba

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY17 SSV RDL
Looked into this out of curiosity a while ago. The RRP ex GST price is around 600. Think you need to upgrade gas strut (due to weight addition?).The spoiler kit P/N is 92457817, not seen one out of the box but..... you would be lucky if they came all black and shiny in the box so perhaps up for paint as well. Dont know about strut cost. It could be a bit of an exercise ( time and $ ). If you know a good spray painter that can colour match then Cuda's suggestion is worth considering. I'd keep the original boot(and lip spoiler) somewhere safe rather than putting holes in it. Later on if you change your mind you can swap it all back as it came delivered. Factory T4X option was cheap in comparison.