Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moving out of home?

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Despite the fact that you have over a 1M in a trust account and get paid a good wage from it, you should still get a job, save, buy a house etc. and make you own way. The money you have sounds pretty good now, but because of a nasty beast called inflation in 40 years it will be worth less than half of what it is now and instead of being comfortable you will be broke.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
Thats basically my plan, I am a qualified security guard(had some fun bouncing pubs and clubs), but I got sick of that so im wondering what to do next. With the interest of what I have in the bank, I have 50% go into my every day account for living, and the other 50% goes back into the original account, that way even if I am blowing 1400$ a week on crap, im still accumulating another 1400$ on top on the original sum. I guess im lucky that my parents were well off, even though there gone, there still looking after me and made sure id always have enough to provide for myself and my children. My parents owned and operated several Mcdonalds stores before they passed, so thats where the money came from, along with there life insurance, and obviously at 13 I wasnt capable of taking over the buisness so everything was sold off. With the worlds economy and the way it has been going, ive been considering investing the majority of the money into gold and silver, so if/when americas and europes economy collapses, I wont be left with a pile of useless plastic money due to inflation.

Heronvy, Dont worry about it. Its not often I tell people my story. Most people I meet instantly assume im a drug dealer or something, though being mostly bald with mutton chops and wearing hoodies and having no job doesnt exactly help with first impressions.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thats basically my plan, I am a qualified security guard(had some fun bouncing pubs and clubs), but I got sick of that so im wondering what to do next. With the interest of what I have in the bank, I have 50% go into my every day account for living, and the other 50% goes back into the original account, that way even if I am blowing 1400$ a week on crap, im still accumulating another 1400$ on top on the original sum. I guess im lucky that my parents were well off, even though there gone, there still looking after me and made sure id always have enough to provide for myself and my children. My parents owned and operated several Mcdonalds stores before they passed, so thats where the money came from, along with there life insurance, and obviously at 13 I wasnt capable of taking over the buisness so everything was sold off. With the worlds economy and the way it has been going, ive been considering investing the majority of the money into gold and silver, so if/when americas and europes economy collapses, I wont be left with a pile of useless plastic money due to inflation.

Heronvy, Dont worry about it. Its not often I tell people my story. Most people I meet instantly assume im a drug dealer or something, though being mostly bald with mutton chops and wearing hoodies and having no job doesnt exactly help with first impressions.

Brenno

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6.0L MY09.5 A6
With the way the economy is going you'd be better to reinvest all that money into more macdonalds stores..
License to print money those things..

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
With the way the economy is going you'd be better to reinvest all that money into more macdonalds stores..
License to print money those things..

haha that is true, the turn over mcdonalds stores make is astonishing. but not my cup of tea.