Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Moving out of home?

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Every little bit counts, if you get some good neighbours, you could even sit at they're place and turn every thing off haha, I've got good neighbours, and being the end of a street, we get the fire going out the front and the four houses come out and sit in front of the fire. That saves power too. Haha

Between me and my missus, I bring in $663 a week and the missus gets about $350-$400 a fortnight. And pay $250 rent weekly. Mist weeks we have a bit left over, not much, but a bit, but some weeks isn't as easy.

HERONVY

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY2 SS
that sounds nice, good to hear that you have good neighbours, around this way it isnt the same let me tell you :/ ..and the kids ..omg i want to just shoot myself in the head some afternoons with their screaming and balls bouncing off everything.. im glad my car is garaged as soon as i come home everyday

thats about where im at at the moment but with nearly 10k saved in the bank, with all my bills atm and costs (fuel, paying off laptop, gym membership + board) ive worked out that i should have about 20-21k saved by december
Thinking of using that money for rent for however long til it runs out and my weekly wage can go straight into a savings account to save for a rainy day, the missus money can be saved also, or used for other things partially

Should be ok i hope, but once my missus gets a full time job after her hsc shell be sitting on slightly more money than me a week so roughly 1200 a week together hopefully if all goes to plan

Killr6

tutut
Reaction score
Members Ride
BA XR6T
to me mate it sounds like you have it all sorted :)

i take my hat off to all you blokes that have moved out with your girlfriends, if there is one thing i need to learn how to do is live with women.

they drive me insane every time...or maybe i just choose the crazy ones haha.

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
97 VS equip, 4.2L stroker on its way.
Kinda sad, take take home 1400 a week after tax, and somehow manage to blow it on **** and have no savings LOL. Really need to learn how to save, its always been my weak spot. Pay comes in, i get exited and become a deranged impulse buyer of useless stuff.

aussieakito

Holden Dealer Master Tech
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
Manual VY SS2, 2005 Rolla Sportivo
I only just turned 18, I don't plan on moving out for a while lmao perhaps between 25-30

Why move when I've got all
I need here. Caring parents, washing done for me, help from dad with the car, no bills, food and all I have to do is do the dishes and go school.

Love it :)

monkeys437

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Stato l67
Kinda sad, take take home 1400 a week after tax, and somehow manage to blow it on **** and have no savings LOL. Really need to learn how to save, its always been my weak spot. Pay comes in, i get exited and become a deranged impulse buyer of useless stuff.

Thats a shitload of cash mate. If you can put aside $400 per week and not touch it, by this time next year you'll have $20+k and you can go out and buy a house. If you spend money on **** there's heaps of high interest accounts which take a day or two to get your money out, so it stops you from impulse buying with your savings

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thats a shitload of cash mate. If you can put aside $400 per week and not touch it, by this time next year you'll have $20+k and you can go out and buy a house. If you spend money on **** there's heaps of high interest accounts which take a day or two to get your money out, so it stops you from impulse buying with your savings

Yeah, ive been thinking about opeining a joint account with my mother in law, that way i cant get the money out. Then saving 5g and putting it into a term investment account to avoid blowing jt all.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I don't think you'll have a problem on your own. You seem to have your head screwed on tight to your shoulders.

I wish I was on 1400 a week, you need some help with your spending mate.......

HoldenOn

Reaction score
Members Ride
Haha you have no idea how bad i am with it. I need to hire a financial consultant.