Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mr Bodykit front lip FYI - fitment issues VF

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
The problem is their terms clearly state to return in original condition….by painting it, I think I have screwed ACL rights….not sure. I’ll email and specifically ask for a refund….see what they say.
Chat to your state consumer group as a businesses “terms” can’t counter act law. In fact ACL allows one to recover their consequential loss from the use of the product :cool:

However, in this case, one could argue that a prudent installer could/should have done a trial fit before removing the product and sending for paint, thus determining the product was poor fitting piece of shite. Thus consequential losses may not be covered, but to be certain, I’d contact your state consumer group and chat to them. The consumer group may view it that your paint costs should be reimbursed since a consumer isn’t a professional and prudent installer as such ;)

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
The problem is their terms clearly state to return in original condition….by painting it, I think I have screwed ACL rights….not sure. I’ll email and specifically ask for a refund….see what they say.

Their terms don't override the law.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Mr B has gone to ground on this matter. I’ve emailed a few questions highlighting the problems in various ways - it actually seems as if they are purposefully trying to confuse the issue
That's the standard application of the "responsibility avoidance scheme".

The problem is the picture of the white VF2 showing the spoiler falls short of the bumper end is used in the product description on Mr B's website. That means if the poor fitment doesn't suit someone, they shouldn't have bought the product. You can sell junk if it's fully disclosed to potential buyers and unfortunately, MR B has disclosed the poor fitment of the product in full photographic transparency.

I think to win this case at law and get a refund, the picture of the white VF2 advertising the product would need to show the spoiler reaching the bumper end and the product the OP received doesn't.

Last edited:

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
Interestingly, some photos on their web site do show the spoiler being correct length and no gap from raised lip

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
The problem is the picture of the white VF2 showing the spoiler falls short of the bumper end is used in the product description on Mr B's website. That means if the poor fitment doesn't suit someone, they shouldn't have bought the product. You can sell junk if it's fully disclosed to potential buyers and unfortunately, MR B has disclosed the poor fitment of the product in full photographic transparency.
I haven’t seen the add but AIUI, if a seller wants to rely on his description of poor fitment, I’d think they’d need that fact to be prominent in their adds. It can’t be buried within some other part of their website, install docs, etc. Otherwise it can become a deceptive business conduct issue rather than a defective product issue :oops:

Basically if a seller makes bold statements about a product, they then can’t rely of some small out clause for of poor quality to counter their bold statements. In essence any poor quality disclaimers must be provided in a similar manner to their bold statements, be they pics, text or video ;)

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
I haven’t seen the add but AIUI, if a seller wants to rely on his description of poor fitment, I’d think they’d need that fact to be prominent in their adds. It can’t be buried within some other part of their website, install docs, etc. Otherwise it can become a deceptive business conduct issue rather than a defective product issue :oops:

Basically if a seller makes bold statements about a product, they then can’t rely of some small out clause for of poor quality to counter their bold statements. In essence any poor quality disclaimers must be provided in a similar manner to their bold statements, be they pics, text or video ;)

I wonder if they used that common cop out statement of ‘for off road use only’ somewhere in the description? :cool:

But, yeah, it sounds like a poor product. I think posts and pictures in a forum like this help protect others from going down the same path.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
I think posts and pictures in a forum like this help protect others from going down the same path.
At least it raises awareness of what to consider before purchase and what/how a good business handles customer issues.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
Interestingly, some photos on their web site do show the spoiler being correct length and no gap from raised lip
No, not in the purchase description where you click on the spoiler to buy it. That's what matters in relation to mis-described goods. The Series 1 spoiler shows a match with the bumper end in the purchase description but not Series 2.

The reason you're getting a vague response from Mr B, so he doesn't imply the spoiler should reach the bumper end, blow his case and have refund you. He's a shonk ducking for cover to avoid a refund and provide customer satisfaction.

I wonder if they used that common cop out statement of ‘for off road use only’ somewhere in the description?
"For off road use only" covers illegal mods like catless pipes or wheel spacers etc. Some customers are good with illegal mods and components until they get caught then blame the supplier. If they're using the "off road" clause for something legal would be a red flag!

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
You painted it in the expectation that it would fit correctly. You would assume that it would be nothing other than correctly fitting. Who would buy something that states it doesn’t fit correctly. No one.

You’ve already tried multiple conTact’s with the seller. Contact your state’s consumer affairs and get their support to get your consumer rights sorted.

ZX14RVFSS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF series 2 SS
You painted it in the expectation that it would fit correctly. You would assume that it would be nothing other than correctly fitting. Who would buy something that states it doesn’t fit correctly. No one.

You’ve already tried multiple conTact’s with the seller. Contact your state’s consumer affairs and get their support to get your consumer rights sorted.
When you put it like that….
I’ll ask them one more time and if no joy I’ll start the process…
I’m not only out the purchase, but also the painting and I’ve now got a few holes in the bottom of the cars bumper where we started fitting it…nope - you are 100% right.
Cheers. Appreciate the kick up the bum to do something about it.