Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Mrs Macca's VU SS

Mirkz

Reaction score
Members Ride
GSXR1000
After I saw the white grilles on this I considered having my front bar sprayed the same, but have since decided to keep with the black as I think it'll break up my car a little more and give it a more 'macho' look in comparison to that :)
Looks good though.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
nice pick up macca but you do know this car has been in some sort of accident yeah?

i just had a good look at this car and it doesnt look like its been in an accident.. just a typical tradies ute with scratches and dents?!

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
After I saw the white grilles on this I considered having my front bar sprayed the same, but have since decided to keep with the black as I think it'll break up my car a little more and give it a more 'macho' look in comparison to that :)
Looks good though.

Yeah personally I like the bar broken up with black grilles as well. But doesnt look to bad on the ute as at least it has the black surround headlights. If it didnt have those though it would look a lil plain I think. Im gonna install some black mesh in the lower opening on the front bar to give it a lil more black to help break up the 'all white' look. lol

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
Yeah personally I like the bar broken up with black grilles as well. But doesnt look to bad on the ute as at least it has the black surround headlights. If it didnt have those though it would look a lil plain I think. Im gonna install some black mesh in the lower opening on the front bar to give it a lil more black to help break up the 'all white' look. lol

all vx ss's have those lights lol

Jonesy484

OfficialChadyMeetOrganisr
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 VE 2 SSV REDLINE WAGON
Its had its fron't bar re-sprayed factory holdens always had black grills not colour coded

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
Its had its fron't bar re-sprayed factory holdens always had black grills not colour coded

Like I said it was a tradies ute. If you look at my first post the front bar had massive stone chips on it. Hence why we had it resprayed just after we bought it (as I say in my 2nd post with a pic saying Ive had it resprayed) so wouldnt suprise me if it was done earlier in its life for the same reason.

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS

but the ends of the bar where it meets the guard arnt sticking out, which they do if you have beenion an accident :p

i have a colour coded grill :p

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
I know I was just saying that in general if you had a white VT/VX/VU with a white grille and didnt have the SS lights it would look a bit plain.

sorry mate. yeah thats exactly right.. white being a plain colour needs to be broken up

Last edited: