Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

MSD Coils [help needed]

Status
Not open for further replies.

wraith

Hand over the dog bikkies
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX V6 Berlina. 2003 VW Passat
From memory they had slightly stronger spark. Has been posted many times that they are different.

Dylan_11

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs bt1 commodore
yeah has a slight more spark to fire the l67 easier,. also has more punch to it. id recommend them tbh

TrikkBen

I'm Back :D
Reaction score
Website
www.asroilpans.com
Members Ride
BNR32
"I have a VR with a v6 normally aspirated engine with some performance enhancements and bolt on stuff that i bought from ebay, if i spends $200 on MSD coils will my car go faster? is it worth it¿ or can i find a better bang for my buck?"

JXW, you mate are a ####ing wanker, all i was asking was a simple ####ing question, all this 5 pages of bullshit is un nesessary.

my motor has 30 thou shaved off the heads, 3 way valve cut, better valve springs and roller rockers, massive port and polish on heads and intake manifold, 70mm throttle body OTR CAI and lightened flywheel. so all i wanted too know was if some msd's would give it a little bit more poke.

Nope you'll still struggle to see 100kw.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
Aren't coils the same from S2 VN-VY? I didn't think there was any difference in L67 ones.

Yep there's no difference in the power output. Go for the msd's if yours are stuffed if not then keep them till they need replacing. (Cheaper than new stock ones plus there red :D) I had 260rwkw out of my old l67 with the standard ones.

UW1SH

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5speed With ecotec conversion
Yep there's no difference in the power output. Go for the msd's if yours are stuffed if not then keep them till they need replacing. (Cheaper than new stock ones plus there red :D) I had 260rwkw out of my old l67 with the standard ones.

Oh dont start the red stuff again hahaha… should of seen the thread last night geez… But +1 for what this guy said only get MSDs if your standard ones are ####ed

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
The local holden dealer says there 2 different coils used on the supercharged and non supercharged engines. The supercharged engine coil number is 10477602. And the non supercharged engine coil number is 10472401. They want $107 each for non supercharged coils and $174 each for the supercharged coils.

showbags

SENIOR EL'BAGO
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Calais, BMW 135 m sport
The local holden dealer says there 2 different coils used on the supercharged and non supercharged engines. The supercharged engine coil number is 10477602. And the non supercharged engine coil number is 10472401. They want $107 each for non supercharged coils and $174 each for the supercharged coils.

I managed a autoparts store for 6 yrs and we always sold the same aftermarket coils for L36 & L67.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
I was at holden this morning picking up some stuff and I thought Id ask the guy about it, as Id first read this post yesterday and was wondering if there are different coils used, and he looked it up on the computer and thats what he found. Even he wasnt sure if there were different coils used when I first asked him about them.

VSIIBerlinaL67

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS M6
Different part number but they put out the same spark you just pay more cause its 'oh your car is supercharged'. They were measured and tested on l67torque forum all the same, msds a little better cause they were new.

Status
Not open for further replies.