Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 03 Series 2 VY Acclaim

TRI570

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Exec S2
sweet ride dude. wishin i had the spare cash to change out the lights to what you have. i have the exec series II, do you know if the SS lights fit it.

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman International
yeah ss headlights are a straight swap but you will need orange indicator globes as the series 2s had a orange lens and a white globe behind but the ss lights dont have a orange lens so you need orange globes

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
finally replaced the stock head unit with a nice jvc double din unit and thats hooked up to the speakers from my old car (2 kenwood and 2 pioneer speakers) with a 600w amp and a 12" pioneer sub running on a 300w amp

and since the strut top bushes on the car need replacing im finally lowering it some more and should be getting some super lows in tomorrow when the bushes are replaced

will take pics on the weekend

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok so the super lows are in and its looking good

vyacclaimlowered.jpg

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
nothing has been done since as im buying new tyres (Toyo Proxes 4)

went to a track day on friday and had a ride in a couple of mates cars and decided i need to get better brakes in mine ready for the next time the group have a track day so mods to hopefully come in the next 6 months

*Better brakes
*3.46 ratio LSD
*Stage 1 cam
*69mm throttle body
*high flow cat
*mace tune

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok so havent updated here for a while so since my last update i havent done as many mods as i had been hoping to but with my tax check i have gotten a mace 69mm thottlebody and tune which didnt make much of a difference power wise but i have noticed its got a lot more torque and pulls along a lot better and fuel economy has gotten better.

Replaced the kuhmo tyres i had which had worn with some Toyo Proxes 4's and they have so much more grip in the corners and grip better in the rain too

i also have bought a better exhaust from not_a_abba_fan and should hopefully be getting it put on this week after having it for a month now but have been saving funds for C4C VIC.

20120917_125909.jpg

also car was of the road for a month as i idot pulled out infront of me without looking and had to get my front end replaced (wasnt my fault so i didnt have to pay) and these are the pics of it when i got home from picking it up

20120918_173615.jpg

20120918_173629.jpg

I will be going to C4C next week in melbourne with a couple of mates so if you see me there come up and say hi as it would be good to see some other members.... and now some more photos

IMG_0790.jpg

IMG_0710.jpg

IMG_0712.jpg

IMG_0715.jpg

IMG_0740.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
ok so car is at the workshop getting the exhaust put on and and should pick it up tomorrow afternoon

i also got told that the bit of factory exhaust pipe left (the twin pipes going into the single cat) is only 2" and not 2.25" like i thought it was so im looking forward to picking up the car tomorrow and hearing it with a better quality exhaust on it

soslowbro

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais
Got any sound clips of the new exhaust? Love the car mate

Jezza

Now with LS1 power
Reaction score
Members Ride
Got any sound clips of the new exhaust? Love the car mate

I got the car back tuesday night with the new exhaust on and will wait a bit before i do a video with sound as the exhaust needs to carbon up a bit so it sounds proper

the good news is that the new exhaust system has gotten rid of the bad drone from the old catback and seems to be a slightly deeper note but will do a video next week sometime as im going to melbourne for c4c this weekend