Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 05 Vz Exec

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
gettin a sound system in the next couple of weeks...
$2500 for the full system n gettin an install done by an experienced work mate.
just waitin for my cheque from the tax man to get the rest of the money sorted :)
will post up final details and pics when its done.

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
so can you use eucolyptus oil to remove the sticky stuff left behind by the badges?

yeh mate just wet a rag with it and then rub at it... came off easy on my VZ... my old VR took a little bit more effort coz of the glue being on for 15 odd years i assume. but yeh mate just keep scrubbing and it'll come off... there are a number of different threads around with other methods.. but the one i used was probably the most common.

shozzy

"Licked by janitor"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ executive 3.6
hey any chance can post prices with some of the mods on the main post, im just after alot of the same things
cheers

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
hey any chance can post prices with some of the mods on the main post, im just after alot of the same things
cheers

Mods

18" VE SS Rims - $1500 w/ tyres

King Spring Superlows - $470 fitted + allignment costs ($60 i think)

Debadged - Free (fishing line to slice sikaflex behind badge, then scrub glue off with a rag and eucalyptus oil)

Pex Twin 2.5" Cat Back - $575 fitted

20 Grade Window Tint - $300 if i remember correctly... coulda been $350 tho.

Red Brake Callipers - $20 for paint + few hours work

Sound System - $2570 for parts + cabling, plus a weekend for install, we did it properly (none of this pull up the side of the carpet n shove the wires under business)

Steve109

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR calais
hey mate i know this thread died a while ago but i was just wondering, do u have full comp insurence n if so, who with n 4 how much, coz im with aami currently, but they wont let me put an exhaust on it with it already lowered (aami only lets you do 1 mod)

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
hey mate i know this thread died a while ago but i was just wondering, do u have full comp insurence n if so, who with n 4 how much, coz im with aami currently, but they wont let me put an exhaust on it with it already lowered (aami only lets you do 1 mod)

im with RAC and it costs me $120 a month, ive just got off my p-plates so been driving for just over 2 years without any claims (touch wood). when i called aami, i told them all the mods that i have and they said around $105 a month, however they value the car at a lower rate and with RAC its insured for enough that if i had to buy another VZ id have enough money to do all those mods again. so it worked out slightly better for me to stay with RAC.

hope this helps mate.

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
nice ride dude as a person who has also done up a 2005 exec i can definetly say the clubby kit, lowering and big 20's definetly make a difference, keep it up

cheers dude, your ride is pretty ****in nice! im tryin to knock a bit off the loan atm but as soon as i get it down im gonna be gettin stuck into the mods again.