Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 06 Acclaim

Big_Simmo

Deep Blue Cranberry
Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 Series 2 SSV Redline Ute
Looking nice there mate :)

Nice changes from the bog stock ride but honestly why turbo a auto? Might aswell get the charger strapped on there so you have the gains from the moment you start her up instead of waiting for boost to kick in and dealing with turbo lag.

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan
Removed as I have sold this car.

Last edited:

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan

Last edited:

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan

Last edited:

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan

Last edited:

wattles

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Sv6 04
looks real nice man i was gonna buy that :p im waiting for another cheap one to pop up now lol.. just ordered my manifold insulators hopefully i wont screw it up lol

Damien90

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ commodore
still looking on info on tubo v s/c?

if so id go turbo.

couple of types of blowers for cars but the main 2 you would use on a v6 is a twin screws (like the factory supercharged v6's) or a side mount centrifugal blower (belt driven turbo), id say do with the side mount if your going s/c they got tons of top end power while still boosting low rpm acceleration and they whine like anything with a nice bov sound too. pro's of this s/c is constant power, a angular boost line meaning u get more as you climb the rev's, and they are the cheapest ones u can get and the best set up for heat too since they run at like 1/4 the speed or less of a turbo and they can be intercooled aswell. general idea is 60% more power more your engine. the cons are its belt driven meaning parasitic power aka robbing power from your engine initially to run the blower but u get it back with the boost, another con is police attention for the contant whine that everyone will notice first.

there is only one kind of turbo system and the only real variables is size of turbo and the srength of your wastegate meaning how much air you alow in the spin the turbo which equates to how much boost your gonna make depending on the turbo's size. its ran off the exhaust syatem using spent engine gases to power it meaning there is no parasitic loses. its free power but u have to wait for it as you need it to spool up, thi is yet again based on turbo size, bigger turbo is more lag etc etc cons are: generally alot more top end power more turbo's and they can creates much higher boost, best modication for your car if your interested in straight line speed, an one of the last pro's and probably the best, sitting just below full boost level in your car and flooring it, hitting full boost and tryingt ocontrol it :D so much fun to be had. now the cons, much higher temps making your engine bay a overall hotter atmosphere creating heat soak, the lag in the power meaning at very low rpm u will actually have minimally less power then before with ALL the power in mid to high rpm, doing a skid around a corner and hitting boost mid turn (most ppl wouldnt consider this a con but i put it in there as a hazard to learn haha) and yeh im sure theres lots more to put in but im lazy. im probably wrong on a couple points anyone feel free to point em out so phyco doesnt get the wrong idea. o and turbo's cost mroe to install too

Phyco

Alloytec and Proud
Reaction score
Members Ride
06 VZ Acclaim Sedan

Last edited: