Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 07 Black SSV

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
good news luke, post up some photos mate :) time for extractors & tune ahaha

;)

Wish I got pics at the point of collection, it's dark now. Will try and grab some iPhone pics before work while it's still clean. No wax for about 4 weeks though. :(

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
I've never had a car re-sprayed, what's the procedure re, washing, polishing and all such? How careful do you need to be with it?

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
I've never had a car re-sprayed, what's the procedure re, washing, polishing and all such? How careful do you need to be with it?

Depends how fussy you are. There are mixed reviews but I won't chance it.

Basically you should keep to a ph neutral shampoo and not wax. The wax can 'lock in' the solvent 'fumes' that are trying to escape and result in a slightly duller finish. Leave a few weeks to let them all escape and then back to waxing.

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Washing is fine. Polishing too. But you want to avoid sealing it for about a month or so. So you might as well hold off on any corrective polishing until then as you'll need to do it again anyway. Don't really need to baby it though. If you have a good wash technique, you'll be fine.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
Fair enough, makes sense I guess, I'll probably have to get my front and rear bars resprayed soon, being a 5 year old car - she's got a few nicks. Who knows, maybe they can match the bumper a bit better than Holden, though I doubt it... I swear Nickel has the worst colour matching plastic to metal lol.

MikeCuzzy

Jumping puddles
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Omega 3.6L
It's weird, never noticed any issues on my VT with paint matching. Do you know why they struggled so much on the VE?

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Ok, one of the rear. You wont get the rest of the pics yet as dirty again after driving to work!

Debaged it for the respray so told them to leave them off. Still undecided whether I like it completely bare... Might put the SSV badge on.

31c09710-c9ae-2de4.jpg