Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 08 SS-V 60th Anniversary

VS_Pete

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE II SV6 MY12 SPORTWAGON
God you are so strong:p

JezzRyan21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE-SS-V
I wasn't really even putting any effort in, i thought it had just slipped off but i guess i was wrong ;) Anyone got any suggestions on products i could use for restoring leather? The front passenger seat is really stiff in the lower bolster.
71498063_134112821226143_7940553214930190336_n.jpg

Also picked this up from the wreckers today for $9:eek: I'm really surprised they didn't come with them from factory but i guess they will say weight saving or some crap.
71765480_134112314559527_3616932323787800576_o.jpg

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
I wasn't really even putting any effort in, i thought it had just slipped off but i guess i was wrong ;) Anyone got any suggestions on products i could use for restoring leather? The front passenger seat is really stiff in the lower bolster.

The first set of seats I chucked in my SS had that exact issue, I used Leatherique. The treatment is 2 stage, the oil goes on first, I left it about a week, then the cleaner.

In my case it softened the leather up but it didn't unshrink it - once it gets to a certain stage it's very very hard to fix.

JezzRyan21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE-SS-V
Thanks i'll have a look next time I'm at supercheap, i had leather in my VN many years ago and the leather on the back headrests went hard and shrank but i never tried to fix them.

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
Thanks i'll have a look next time I'm at supercheap, i had leather in my VN many years ago and the leather on the back headrests went hard and shrank but i never tried to fix them.

You can't find it at supercheap or any of the chain stores - I had to order it online.

JezzRyan21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE-SS-V
So after taking my car back last week to get a check engine light looked at (told them it was a Crank angle sensor) they said they cleared all codes and changed the radiator because it was leaking,I finally got it back 5 days later only for the same thing happen today. Again i told them it was the CAS and the guy didn't like me telling him either, waited around for a bit for them to tell me it was the CAS and they were rather embarrassed as i had already told them twice before so again i am in a loan car and missing my SS. On a different note i got myself one of the Kayhan gps units and once i get the car back I'll install it, i have heard mixed reviews but i thought it was worth the shot.

JezzRyan21

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE-SS-V
You can't find it at supercheap or any of the chain stores - I had to order it online.

I looked it up and it's not cheap but i think I'll order it anyways, i don't want it cracking or anything. Thanks

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I used Leatherique. The treatment is 2 stage, the oil goes on first, I left it about a week, then the cleaner.

Interesting, the Duragloss 2 stage system I use says clean first then condition.

duragloss_new_leather_kit_copy_1.jpg

notStock

evolving
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY09 VE SS M6
On a different note i got myself one of the Kayhan gps units and once i get the car back I'll install it, i have heard mixed reviews but i thought it was worth the shot.

I tried the aftermarket stereo thing in my SS, wasn't a fan. I had the alpine integration kit - and I'll tell you touchscreen ac controls suck major ass. It's one of the reasons I ended up going with an IQ conversion - which has its own issues but having factory ac controls doesn't seem like a big issue until the aftermarket ones become a punish to use.