Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 1996 VSII Berlina

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Nah not much mate. I resprayed the engine cover as it had some scratches, got a close colour to the original silver. I'm also in the process of respraying the grille inserts, as one of them has started to peel.

I'm basically just cleaning it up rather than modding it.

Good work! Haha that's how it starts ;)

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Good work! Haha that's how it starts ;)

Haha, yeah, it gets addictive respraying things, i wanna do the whole car now lol.

I'm hanging to just lower it on sl's. It'll look killer, but i'm not sure if i should, i kinda like the smoothness.

End up lowering your s-pack yet?

VS-S

Fruiterer
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S
Haha, yeah, it gets addictive respraying things, i wanna do the whole car now lol.

I'm hanging to just lower it on sl's. It'll look killer, but i'm not sure if i should, i kinda like the smoothness.

End up lowering your s-pack yet?
Don't respray it man! The paints in great condish! Definitely lower it. I haven't yet. It just so practicable how it is at the moment haha

Last edited:

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Don't respray it man! The paints in great condish! Definitely lower it. I haven't yet. It just so practicable how it is at the moment haha

It looks good from far, get a bit closer and you'll see all these little dents and scratches. I'll see what happens after tafe. As much as I park it away from everyone, I still end up with a new dent when I come back. Careless people I guess.

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Bit of an update, installed and wired up a set of genuine SS fog lights, cut the holes and mounting tabs into the bumper, just need to get some time to paint the bezels.

I also got a set of clear side indicators off a vt, a used pair of genuine headlight protectors, a new JVC KD-R536 head unit and LED parkers and interior lights like every other P-plater.

I'll also be up for a few other jobs on the holidays, I got an inlet manifold gasket leak and a rear main leak too (surprise surprise) which means the removal of the trans and a full drainage of oil and coolant, so I might as well service the trans and replace most of the cooling system and all the top-end intake/plenum gaskets while I'm at it. Ohhh the joys of owning an ecotec, still love her though.

Attachments

• IMG_1176.jpg
    IMG_1176.jpg
    185.7 KB · Views: 286
  • IMG_1170.jpg
    IMG_1170.jpg
    260.3 KB · Views: 291
  • IMG_1167.jpg
    IMG_1167.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 276

KrisG

Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 VSII Berlina
Cheers man, I'm loving the way it came up

timd29

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V S1 International 6.0
That is one straight VS mate. (My fav colour too). Engine bay look great.