Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My 2006 VZ SV6

James.b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 06
Hey guys im new to Just Commodores..

My first car was a silver 2003 VYII berlina, all i managed to do was lower it on lowells sports low suspension and put in a sound system.

Sold the berlina a few months ago and upgraded to a turizmo blue 2006 VZ SV6. Wanted as much power as i could get but due to living in victoria and being on p plates the SV6 seemed to be about the best car i could get. I'm very happy with tho, it is a great improvement on the old VY

So far all i've done is add a sound system (nothing wild but it does sound a lot better then the stock set up) and add LED lighting on the inside and in the boot.

I'm thinking about lowering it on king springs superlows (dont want to be scraping all the time as it currently struggles on some speed humps and driveways around my area but want it a little bit lower), changing the stock exhaust tip to twin chrome pipes (exhaust to be done down the track), and adding an OTR CAI.

any comments on the height of the car with SL's in and recommendations on which OTR CAI would be greatly appreciated. thanks

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
I had a VZ SV6 a few years ago and had SLs (on 19s though). It was quite a harsh ride and clearance was a big issue. Looked awesome but not very practical. In regards to the OTR, I wouldn't waste your money.

James.b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 06
thanks for the feedback. i was in my mates vz executive with sl's in the back sitting on 15's and it was one of the smoothest rides ive been in. do u think it was due to the wheel size? and clearance between the wheels and the guards?

so there are no real gains from the ORTCAI

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
On smooth (or decent) roads the ride was fine but I live in the country and found the ride quality was too harsh for the average country road. Having 19s (lower profile) wouldn't have helped much either.

An OTR on its own will not be much benefit at all. With other mods and a tune you will see small gains but nothing worth handing your hard earned over for.

James.b

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 06
just an update....

a few weeks ago i got all the windows tinted at 21% nice and dark
bit darker then the legal 35% percent but that was just too lite, if your going to tint them you might as well go all out

got a third brake light off ebay for $6, so i'll be taking the spoiler off this weekend

doing some more work on the sound system, have some 6x9s to install but haven't had the time and im still waiting for an amp to come