Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my bat is always dead

hulkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt series 2 acclaim
got probs with my vt, i keep change'n the bat on my car:bang: . sumthing is flat'n my bat, wot can it be?

not my incar set up i tested that already, its driving me crazy

can sum1 :bow: put sum ideas in the ring 4 me to play with :thumbsup:

Rhino Racing

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn/vp Speedway Street Sedan
Check ur alternator output . Maybe it just isnt charging properly.
Also make sure that the interior light etc is not on. Do u have a light in your boot? Maybe it is stayin on.
It could just be ur battery is on its way out but u said u changed it already.

Reaction score
Members Ride
falcon
power saver should kick in after 1 hr and stop all things using power like glovebox and boot lights and door lights if somehting left open/on
might be alt not charging
might be battery stuffed and wont hold charge no more
these days batteries only last 2-3 yrs if that

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
Do the VTs have the same problem as the VR and VS's had with the wire burning out on the back of the alternator? mayb its that?

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
ok easiest way to tell if its ur alternator, get a multimeter and check out the voltage when its running, should be around 13.5-14v ish if it only still hovering on 12v then its the alternator for sure. else something must be draining it. a good way to tell is to disconnect the neg bat terminal lead and place the multimeter pinouts in-between the lead and the neg battery terminal, it should light up if something is drawing current, then pull each fuse till the multimeter shows no reading.

hulkstar

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt series 2 acclaim
ok ill try it

thanks 4 all the help ppl :thumbsup: i hope to fix the prob so i can get out on the road, and kick my brothers a$$ in his crap box magna aswel as the magna club:w00t: lol

long live hsv:bow:

Low_VX_Taxi

Blanned
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blundstone boots
ok easiest way to tell if its ur alternator, get a multimeter and check out the voltage when its running, should be around 13.5-14v ish if it only still hovering on 12v then its the alternator for sure. else something must be draining it. a good way to tell is to disconnect the neg bat terminal lead and place the multimeter pinouts in-between the lead and the neg battery terminal, it should light up if something is drawing current, then pull each fuse till the multimeter shows no reading.

he he he yeh mine nearly blew my mechanics diagnosis comp thing up :D the alternator was stuffed and would jump from pretty low to REALLY high, it made all the lights on the diagnosis machine light up real bright, I thought it was a cack cause he couldnt find wat was killing my battery because every time he checked it the current was fine, unfortunately he didnt share my sense of humour about his thousands of dollars machine and time wasted fault testing :D