Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my big whinge about pop music...

V

vnberlwagon

Not a lot of original tunes left

MOTIV8 said:
There is not a lot of original tunes now and haven't really been for awhile.

Sampling classics and DJ mixes seem to be the go and more often then not they make a mess of it and spoil really good tunes and songs.

Another thing that annoys me is when advertisments use a good song or tune and it gets played a thousand times for 6 months till it almost drives you crazy. Then months later you hear the song on the radio while driving and all you can think of is the stupid product that was advertised.
There are plenty of original tunes left.
Ask the guys from U2, The Rolling Stones, Kiss, basically any recording artist that has been around for more than 5 minutes, song and lyric writing is a god given talent. Just as guys like Brocky, Skaife, Schumacher, Senna, all were born with a talent for driving. Simply, any recording artist that has to rely copying other peoples tunes shouldn't be in the industry. But what do I know, I drive a 16 yr old car.:ranting:

BANGERS88

Reaction score
Members Ride
1990 Toyota Starlet GT, turbo.
gocommygo said:
omg i just heard this song rihanna - sos and hit the wall (literally) omg this t4rt stole the tainted love beat :| what gives some silly skank the rite to steal the beat from one of the best songs ever to make it sound slutty and dirty so "gangstas" will like her omg :| pop music is so lame, whats with ugly sluts dancing around showing their "humps" or w/e in their clothes that look liek their about to snap and/or fall off :| making girls feel ugly and like they have to look like tarts too :| omfg what happened to swearing and violence? id rather see someone crash a ferrari and make it blow up rather then seeing an aids-infested hoe on stage shaking her "thang" im 17, youd think id like this sort of stuff, but no, their as bad as goddamn emo's :|

*end rant*

Haha with you on the emo's man :thumbsup:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
vnberlwagon said:
There are plenty of original tunes left.
Ask the guys from U2, The Rolling Stones, Kiss, basically any recording artist that has been around for more than 5 minutes, song and lyric writing is a god given talent. Just as guys like Brocky, Skaife, Schumacher, Senna, all were born with a talent for driving. Simply, any recording artist that has to rely copying other peoples tunes shouldn't be in the industry. But what do I know, I drive a 16 yr old car.:ranting:

mate I agree totally, but last time I said something like that I got flamed by an ignorant keyboard warrior

GreenGremlin

Reaction score
Website
www.brockcommodores.com
Members Ride
VK Calais
its all just repackaged ****, for gods sake that cover of that roxette (anyone remember them) song is just the pits. I hate all that rap and r&b ****, every filmclip looks made by the same director, get a bunch of skanky black tits and arse to cavort around some black dude thats trying to be all hard like he's some 14 yo kid posing in front of the f^&kin mirror and there! you have a filmclip.
Gimme any late 70s early 80s old punk, skinhead or heavy metal record, actually even a bit of the early 80s "pop" was alright.

gemini

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Wagon
I used to listen to rap and R&B but now the new rap and R&B is completely **** house. I cant stand that chingy faggot he has butchered the eenglish language so bad its not funny.

The only rap i listen to now is old stuff from Snoop Dogg, 2pac, Dre and ice cube.

I also like Metal and Drum & Bass so their is alot to keep me happy.