Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my big whinge about pop music...

G

gocommygo

INSINR8R said:
Metal is the only pure genre of music left (other than classical and old school rock). They're still using real instruments, and are still writing original songs. And I'm talking all sub genres of Metal including Hardcore, Death/Black/Power/Heavy etc.

Long live the metal...

agreed, metals the only music with any real feeling behind it too, like how back in the 70's or w/e there was meaning in the songs now and now apparently songs have no meaning, thats false, its just changed genre

luvmycommodore

Mum's Taxi *sigh*
Reaction score
Website
ucw.com.au
Members Ride
'02 VXII Acclaim Wagon
I like a lot of stuff, though not much of the newer crap (though i have SOS by Rianna on my ring tone at the moment :eek: LMAO)

I love the 80's music i grew up with (did i just say that???) and U2, Chilli Peppers, Crowded House, Metallica, Linkin Park, Enemin, did i mention that i like a lot of different stuff?

Death metal, hip hop and techno just does not do it for me.

INSINR8R

INSINR8ED as well.....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Clubsport R8
luvmycommodore said:
I like a lot of stuff, though not much of the newer crap (though i have SOS by Rianna on my ring tone at the moment :eek: LMAO)

I love the 80's music i grew up with (did i just say that???) and U2, Chilli Peppers, Crowded House, Metallica, Linkin Park, Enemin, did i mention that i like a lot of different stuff?

Death metal, hip hop and techno just does not do it for me.

And thats fine, everyone has different tastes in music, just like cars, movies and sports.

The only thing is that all the new age emo and pop crap is constantly played on the radio, and most of it is unoriginal stuff by means of sampling 80's classics (anyone here the dance versions of enter sandman and smells like teen spirit? lost my faith in music on those days)

Over in WA we have 5 major FM stations. 92.9fm (plays top 40 stuff) Nova 93.7fm (top 40 stuff plus a few alternative songs here and there) MIX 94.5fm (easy listening, no rap or hard rock) 96fm (96.1fm - Plays some top 40 stuff, but mostly old school rock/pop) and Triple J (99.3fm - although its supposedly an alternative station, its gone to **** lately)

Then we have local stations like RTRFM (92.1fm) Groove 101.7fm (Hip Hop and RnB) and a few others that play local and aussie stuff on the radio, but hardly any top 40 crap. But no station willing to play more that 3 hours worth of hard rock/heavy metal a day...

Its because the strangle hold that music producers have on radio stations. I dont like it, but it will never change.

Unfortunately

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
vtdemon said:
If anything, I think emo(not Simple Plan etc. real emo: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emo_%28music%29 ) is the most innovative and original music around now, though not understood or enjoyed by most. It's obvious a lot of people have no idea of what real emo is.

my 2c

True there... No idea jimmy eat World was considered emo...

Would Lacuna Coil be???

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
yeah it seams that you need to be a talentless buffoon with a good synthesizer and be willing to obliterate solid classic songs to get any repect within the music industry.....
too many "bands" use riffs blatantly stolen from 80's songs, with one note extended to make it different.
but at the same time, I'm a big metal fan, mostly mainstream (they weren't mainstream when I started blasting it in my loungeroom - how times change)
and there are just too many bands singing about how daddy abused them or they hate daddy or whatever, because it sells records.

Julie

moderator- for now anyway
Reaction score
Members Ride
Blown VT Calais 355 + SC VY V6
I don't see what the big fuss is to be honest. Its called pop music for a reason, its popular and it sells. Most of the music these days is ripped off and as long as people keep buying it they'll keep making it. But I don't mind some of it, puff daddy/p diddy whatever he calls himself these days I'll be Missing You is one of my all time fav songs.

vh-holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS sedan and a VK DRGWGN
but chipmunks still suck!!!

AussieHolden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon 2006
1.) It's TV and parents let them watch it and even give ther kids TV's inthere rooms when they have no need of one as there getting brain washed.

2.) It's a certin majority of parents that were farel skanks sl*ts etc when they were teens so they think it's alright for there kids or they just don't give a hoot anyway what there kids watch etc I can say a hell of alot here but I won't. :bang:

3.) Don't blame the education system they don't teach kids how to behave like that but if you remember when you were at school you were taught twice how to have safe sex and plenty of it :yeah: so you don't accidently make baby :bop:

4.) There are plenty of ways to make complaints on what it shown on TV but alot of people choose not to as it's too much work for them.

5.) These people ripping of 70's 80's & 90's music are just making money out of this for the hell of it they don't care if thay like the song or not that there singing cause they pay someone to write the music for them and rub there hands together when silly dumb teens buy there crap.

The same thing is also happening with movies being remaked for example superman is being remade and TV shows for example Battle Star Galatica.

All the original thinkers have gone or are locked out of these industries and it is very sad in deed.
:supersad:

I'm glad a made a subsription to Time Life for there 80's collection it's been great hearing those hits again you haven't heard in years.

:w00t:

TheForgotten

only human......
Reaction score
Website
www.holdenscene.com
Members Ride
VR EXEC
and alicia keys killed stevie wonder's superstitious. kinda catchy for a pop song, but not as good as the song it ripped off.....

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
i get pissed off at anyone who pays out something someone else might enjoy. get over it. play a cd you like and stop whinging.