Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Black SS Ute!

thunder828

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV Z Series My12.5
Hey guys. Looking for a bit of feedback here. Finally have the time to order a hardlid for the ute and have narrowed it down to two very hard choices for hsp ute lids in sydney. What do you guys reckon? thanks
30rxhr7.jpg

x25ruf.jpg

i do really like the bob tail on the first one but reckon the other one looks tougher.

I love the look of the first one and ill be ordering one after I do a few things to my ute first.
Are you getting the shaved central locking one.

Ute is looking awesome.

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Hey mate cheers. It was a very hard decision but i ended up goin the twin hump one. Pretty much flipped a coin lol.

Yep im doin shaved locks n central locking :)

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
cant wait to see how it turns out mate :)

yeah i agree about having a clean ute with no stickers and such, really odd about the hsp badge, my old vz ute had a genuine holden twin hump hardlid on it and the holden badge was on the understand. i would be more willing to purchase a hsp lid if it was like this

so instead i will be purchasing this one from flat top products in dandenong. also $2100 with central locking :D

http://i1106.photobucket.com/albums/h366/SUP3RST4R_DJ/thunderhardlid_zpscdf14026.jpg

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Thanks buddy im probably most excited about this mod than any other haha exterior wise it makes the biggest difference.

Yeah i hope the badge doesnt look **** :( i also looked at flat top products. That lid looks sweet mate when's that happening?

SUP3RST4R_DJ

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 MY11 Holden VE SSV Ute
i agree its a big visual difference and makes them look so much better haha

if the badge stands out to much perhaps you could try putting some vinyl wrap on it to make it a bit more subtle?

should be happening in a couple weeks mate, i have the money for it but i wanna get a couple weeks pay first cos christmas/new years was pretty costly haha

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
Yep see how we go hey. Vinyl wrap could be a good idea.

Haha i was exactly the same man. I had plenty of money before chrissy and then had to wait a bit longer. Gives u somethin to look forward to i guess. :)

Dannyp

8ball
Reaction score
Members Ride
2008 VE SS UTE
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358408652.033613.jpg

Quick snap of the ute :) pretty much staying in the garage til my hardlid arrives next week hopefully! Too excited

Atomic G

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Ute
Ute looks fantastic mate! Hardlid will finish it off nicely! Have you done the exhaust? What else do you have planned?

esp_ryan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE sv6 UTE
looks mint mate love the black on black look ! should look the part when youve got ya hard lid on !!! look forward to seing a photo !

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Is that second one a stock holden hardlid? It looks tough. First one I haven't seen before so makes it a bit more unique.