Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Black Supercharged VE SSV Ute

jaffassv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS-V
How'd you get onto them? Website doesn't show much.
Did catch can come with instructions? Easy install?

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
How'd you get onto them? Website doesn't show much.
Did catch can come with instructions? Easy install?

I just contacted them by email, instructions are online but i used both the ls7 and ls3 brackets (extension rod and bracket) so the instructions wont help bracket wise, but helps to move wires and connect the hoses up ect, after reasearching it, very easy to install

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Headers and cats have arrived and looking good!, will have pics up on the weekend of them, looks like the week starting the 20th of march ill be getting my mafless tune + headers and cats fitted

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
Yeah i painted them mate, nah not really roads are **** up here and lots of lose crap on the roads ruins the sides, happend to my vs and looked crap :(

Mate, how'd you have these painted and how much did it cost? I want to get mine done.

Also, the Catch Can. Worth it? I had a read of that link, it is designed to remove harmful gases from your engine? I don't know anything about them.

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Mate, how'd you have these painted and how much did it cost? I want to get mine done.

Also, the Catch Can. Worth it? I had a read of that link, it is designed to remove harmful gases from your engine? I don't know anything about them.

Im guessing ur talking about the calipers? lol just some $20 heat resitant paint from a hardware stoor, just masked up everything around the caliper and bobs ya uncle

The can is deff worth it man, you can hear the air rushing into it, mine deff runs smoother and feels stronger through the rev range, basically the pvc system on these are pretty ****, same as my old ecotec lol

Im guessing you have a otr or something? because u get this nice cool fresh air comming in the manifold, then gets mixed with this **** hot oily air (which coats the manifold and tb, ive got a pic of some lad who had puddles of oil in his manifold) so essentisally now it goes to the can and all the oil and **** get caught in there and by the time it gets back the engine, its pretty much fairly cool air again mixing with the fresh stuff, The **** oily air can also reduce the RON of the fuel ur using too, so id deff get it if ur gettiing tuned, as i deff wanted the most out of my malfess tune on 98

Hope this helps mate :)

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Update Pics

Heres my exhuast and i decided to check my catchcan after a week or so driving, mainly normal with some heavy driving lol, its deff doing its job nicely.

Exhaust specs: 1 7/8 ceramic coated pacemaker headers with 3" collector and KPM 3" stainless steel 100cpi race cats, Should sound good once there fitted up and mafless tuned :D

headers.jpg

headers2.jpg

headers3.jpg

headers4.jpg

headers5.jpg

P1010280.jpg

P1010282.jpg

P1010281.jpg

Enjoy :)

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
You enjoy mate you'll love the difference with the headers.:cool:

Thanks mate, yeah im getting keen for the extra noise and power lol catback sounds good but isnt cutting it for me now :p

Ill have to try get a vid up broca, i dont have a cam but im sure ill find a mate or something lol

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Bit of a ####ty update, another one of my speed/hub sensors has gone, the abs fault, no trac control and engine light is on again, and when ur sitting there not moving the digital screen says im doing 7kms then jumps to 4 then to 0 then back 7 everynow and then lol this happened to me a month or so ago and go the bad one replaced, seems that another has gone cept my warrenty is gone now so i have to pay ffs lol :(