Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My brand new vn turbo v8

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
just took the neighboiur for a ride he has a rx7 batty with 250 rwkw on 8 psi and who nos what on 16psi

he now wants a v8 turbo lol he was freaking out and shiting himself he was amazed at how easy i can light the tyres thats saying alot considoring its got less power than it use to

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
finally got me a high volume oil pump so hopefully that fixes my oil pressure problem

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
i put the jp high volume oil pump in scored it for 70 bucks i want peoples opinions on weather to put the old cam back in that made way more power or adavnce the cam i have in it 2 or 4 degrees amd how do you advance it it has it written on the small sproket jsut dont wanna **** it up so asking to make sure i do it right
IMG_0942.jpg

VK_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK V6
Get a bigger sump to go with that high volume pump or you'll run it dry

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Get a bigger sump to go with that high volume pump or you'll run it dry

that should only be a problem with sustained high revs

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
yeah its gotta bigger than stock sump on it now anyway and jsut curious for when its fully built and im throwing 7000-7500 rpm at it will it still be all good

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
it should be fine (oil pump wise) as long as you don't sit @ 7000rpm for minutes at a time. the issue isn't so much the oil pump as it is the draining of the oil from the heads back into the sump. common holden problem. next time you have the heads off cleanup the heads around the drain back holes and polish. you can also drill a small hole in the lifter valley where oil collects but it needs to be done properly so you don't hit anything important. (delco knows i think). the oil stays in the head because of windage from the crankcase.

there is a thread on that other Commodore site that has all this info covered.

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
just advanced the cam 2 degrees went to start and my bloody fuel rail leaking where a joiner has been braized on to the rail for the fpr bugger
so will have to up date later how the car goes went well last night but may be cause it was cold will keep yous updated

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
i just got a ignition module for the v8 so now i can change it over to delco ecu finally so gunna wait till delco gets up here and show us how to change it over gotta find a suitable throttle body now to fit onto my plenum

plymouth_hemi_69

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs v6 turbo, vn v8 turbo
i got a standard inlet manifold and a high stall converter for 200 bucks so im going to get them and install shortly the stall is 3500 and iv been told i will get a lot more power out of a standard inlet mani rather than my 1 so going to try it once i get it on will let yous no how they work