Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Custom Turbo VP

rubaduckee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
Hi everyone, I was asked to put up some details of my VP, do here it is hope you guys like it.

Model: 1993 VP Commodore
Power plant: Turbo V6
Colour: custom Purple over Candy Lime Green
Suspension & Wheels: King Springs, strut brace, adjustable panhard rod, nolathane bushes, 20" Rims
Brakes: front, 330mm VT upragrade with slotted rotors - rear, DBA slotted
Interior: Custom White leather and Purple micro suede
Exterior: VX rear bar, custom VX side skirts, Custom Bonnet, Custom front bar.

Engine specs: 20th oversize race series pistons ceramic coated and heat treated, Crow Cam, Crow double tow springs, Crow pushrods, Formula Holden Racing Heads with max sized valves and heavy ports, Yella Terra 1.7 rolla rockers, 42lb Green top injectors, Custom Inlet Manifold, 65mm tb, arp head studs, XR6 Garret 35 turbo, 2lt surge tank, Bosch 044 fuel pump, 600x300x70 intercooler

Last edited:

rubaduckee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
2tone%20being%20painted.jpghere is something from when it was in the paint booth ;)

rubaduckee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
here is a pic of what it did look like with just the candy green paint, and supercharged when it was in a mag

and 1 of a Senator I made7416_1188356918830_895365_n.jpgsenator pic 1.jpg

rubaduckee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
here are a couple more pics:

2 of when it was running twin superchargers

and 1 of when we were trial fitting the turbo systemtwins3.jpgtwins4.jpgvp%20turbo.jpg

Roidz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR MANUAL S-PAC
Mate that's one fat vp! if you could put some more details up for us and some more pics that would be great!
Also, what colour is that?

rubaduckee

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp
with the twin blowers, I was only running approx 8psi, made approx 360rwhp, and incredible torque. I could have put more boost into it but wasn't necessary. Yea engine bay was pretty full lol, but had room cause I run a custom bonnet.
Mrs didn't like driving it with the twins lol (was a bit of a handful to drive around particularly when taking off from lights etc) hence why she organised with the mechanic to turbo it before they told me lol, I miss the twins but the turbo is a lot of fun too.