Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My first car - 2007 Astra CDX!

Patti2912

P4TT1
Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT S Commodore
All i can think about when i look at those pictures is how much you would have **** yourself when the Hilux hit you, especially hitting on the drivers side, lol.
Hope you weren't hurt.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
AH Astra (daily), VX Berlina, VN Calais, Mazda 626
Yeah, I knew he was behind me, but there was less than one second between him being behind me, and next to me...at that point I knew we were going to hit and couldn't do anything but yell "WHAT THE ####" at the top of my voice. I was fine, not a scratch on me, was just pissed off that my car was wrecked thanks to some clown who should hand in his license and catch the bus.

Anyway it was his fault (overtaking through an intersection, and without due care) and his insurer paid out, car was fixed a bit over a month ago and is all as good as new now :) Which reminds me - I should get around to taking new pics, and perhaps updating my avatar.

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
So today I decided to pull some finger out and take some new pics of it with the damage repaired. The guys at the smash repair place did a fantastic job with it, you can't tell the car was in an accident. Also a photo of something I did about a month back, installed a vent in the glovebox thats standard on higher level Astras that routes air from the air con system into the glovebox, great for keeping drinks and stuff cold, only cost about $11 too. :) One of those little things I think they should just make standard on all cars.

Attachments

• 100_0874.jpg
    100_0874.jpg
    121.4 KB · Views: 245
  • 100_0875.jpg
    100_0875.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 281
  • 100_0873.jpg
    100_0873.jpg
    116.7 KB · Views: 273
  • 100_0869.jpg
    100_0869.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 288

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Finally got around to getting a 'bee sting' antenna for it (I don't listen to the radio so radio reception is not an issue for me), so it no longer looks like a bloody oversized RC car. Only a small thing, but it makes the car look a whole lot better.

100_1410.jpg

100_1411.jpg

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Today I decided to spend some money:

Pic_0708_030.jpg

Looking forward to finally being able to listen to my iPod in my car without having to screw around with bloody FM transmitters. The dash kit, CANBUS adapter, etc is on order and will be here next week. :D

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
So the bits required to fit the new HU finally showed up as such it went in today. :)

100_1412.jpg

Before I started

100_1413.jpg

Glovebox and HU removed, all ready to go (for what its worth, if you're using a coathanger rather than the proper set of removal keys, getting the OEM HU out is a PITA, I'd imagine its probably the same on Commodores) And yes, that lantern is ON - it is quite dark in my garage.

100_1414.jpg

The OEM head unit - CDC 40 Opera. While this is a great head unit (its actually a 6 disc in dash stacker), unfortunately GM are pricks and will not allow Holden access to the software required to enable the AUX input.

100_1415.jpg

Powering it up for the very first time - it works! :D And there's no magic smoke.

100_1416.jpg

Testing it with my iPod - unfortunately my iPod is geriatric which means I have to use the AUX input rather than the USB connection, but its still infinitely better than the crappy FM transmitter I used before...and had to strategically place on my rear parcel shelf in order to hear anything at all.

100_1417.jpg

The finished product!

Astranomical

Ecotec just kicked in yo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Just to update this, the other day I decided to spend some more money, picked up a set of components for the front as well as some dynamat for the front doors, once I have some more funds I want to do the rest of the car, as well as add an amp and sub, and possibly upgrade the rear speakers. Haven't had much of a chance to try them out yet but so far they're much better than the stock crappy speakers (mind you, I'm not surprised)

100_1595.jpg

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Good stuff man :) Money spent on sound deadening is money well spent. Can make $300 speakers sound like $800 speakers.