Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My first car - vs ute

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Hey guys thought it was bout time for me to post a thread on my first car just got to wait till im 17 now for my p's!!!

Name: Jack
Model: VS ute series II
Engine: stock ecotec 190 000 km on the clock
Tranny: 5 speed manual
Stereo: pioneer head deck with 6 inch 3 ways in the door
Wheels: VS S pack
Mods: Lowered (supposeably to low lol) but connections help pass RWC, tinted windows and the stereo about sums it up so its fair stock atm
Future mods: new tail lights, cold air intake, shift kit, exhuast, vy ss mags, power windows, slimline harcover, tubliner, level 2 cluster, further stereo upgrades possibly splits

But i have to drive along a 1km dirt road everyday to get home so i have to keep it sensible ... i guess lol

Heres some photos, looking forward to hearing some feedback

Attachments

• my ute covered plates.JPG
    my ute covered plates.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 1,921
Last edited:

crawfy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VSII Berlina
mmmm... manual ute

pretty nice first car, low kms for a manual ute of it's age, what did you pay for it?
good selection of future mods. don't go too far with the taillights! altezzas dont suit, especially utes IMO, just get some stockies with clear indicators (if possible?) and clear side indicators to match - having said it is YOUR ute :p

ss rims are getting around a bit but they still look hot as ever, and the blue paint and tint will make 'em really stand out :thumbsup:

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
Yeh i was keen as to get a manual ute, i know what your saying with the tailights might either go the dark tint or the clear stock variety ones apposed to the altezza style and have already looked into some clear indicators for the side on ebay. Mmmm I'll be gettin 2nd hand rims most likely as im not sure if i can justify spending a whole heap on new aftermarkets as im a bit concerned with the wear on dirt roads!! Also wondering weather putting a aftermarket exhuast will cause any worries with it being low on dirt roads??

The ute only set me back 5500 which was very cheap, he first advertised it for 7800 and i went over it very throughly pointed a few things out was really picky on him and managed to get him to go to 6500, so naturally i offered a bluff offer of 5500 (not thinking he would accept and i would be happy to pay the 6500) but 20 mins later he called me back and suprisingly accepted! Althougth the ute only had 2 weeks rego left so thats the main reason i got it so cheap coz rego was $840 + transfer fee. but yeh the money i ended up saving im planning to put back into it.

but anyways it gives me a project now and something to work on and for me being mad on holdens since i was a young'en makes me happy :):)

ben-vs-ute

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE SERIES 2
neat car jack. cant wait till u get ur p's.
our cars will match lol.
got somee good plans for it tough.
ben

Bilbs

Reaction score
Members Ride
2016 VFII SSV Sportwagon
mmmm... manual ute

pretty nice first car, low kms for a manual ute of it's age, what did you pay for it?
good selection of future mods. don't go too far with the taillights! altezzas dont suit, especially utes IMO, just get some stockies with clear indicators (if possible?) and clear side indicators to match - having said it is YOUR ute :p

ss rims are getting around a bit but they still look hot as ever, and the blue paint and tint will make 'em really stand out :thumbsup:

Sorry man, have to second this, on the wagons they look good, but when i got my ute, i was going to get alteza's, all keen on it since i finaly owned a car that they are made for lol, but then saw one when i was about to walk into the shop and order them, and then turned right around and waslked out, they realy dont suit the utes, not even the clear ones, but like he said, it is YOUR ute, we are just offereing oppinions, that said, the more manual utes the better :D

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
thanks for your opinions guys helps a heap i know a bloke that has a vs ute also and he has tinted the taillights dark with coats of night shades might look into that as it gives a pretty good effect especially with the darker colour utes. btw does anyone how to get the gear knob off mines a little loose and warn so i think i might just get a aftermarket one?? so if anyone knows how to get it off it would be good before i have a good look at it on the weekend. also does anyone know if theres a service manual on pdf anywhere i can download rather then buying the book? if there is even one out there thought i better check incase i dont have to spend the $$
cheers for the comments guys any advice would be greatly appreciated

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
hey guys just wonderin if anyone knows of any sound recordings round the place of a 2 1/2 inch cat back for a ecotec coz my mate who works at an exhuast shop reakons they sound sh*t so i thought i might listen to some recordings or if anyone has any experience with such a exhuast let me know please.

BTW new stereo and speakers being purchased this week

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
they sound fine mate. not realy throaty but they sound fine for a V6.

Pasticheny

Reaction score
Your car is like my ute story lol.. i got a series III tho.. completely stock when i got it.. ur future upgrades are same as mine.. except i got da cluster, CAI, tub liner, n real good stereo in it... but i really wanna get some coin to fund come rims n lower it tho :)

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
thanks 96vscommodore i thought that would be the case but from his perspective he drives a vs 5 litre supercharged ute with many other mods lol so that may explain it, i think ill get it anyway lol its so quite without any exhuast work done lol

bit of a update to guys got myself a pioneer deh6950ib and some 220 watt 6 inch 3 ways for the doors, now just to install, also may have found my hardcover and will be checking it out this week :):)

keep the suggestions rolling in guys it helps a heap :)