Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My first car - vs ute

overgrown

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS UTE
mate nice ute.. iv got the same, a manual ute and its my first car.. the wheels look hot..

just a word of warning, take it easy on the clutch.. mine went and it was a 1200 + fitting job.. because it uses the getrag gearbox it needs to have the flywheel replaced at the same time.. stupid i know and i am now spending 3-4 weeks pay to get it fixed.. lol

did you make the subbox behing the firewall? if so try and mount it so it comes through both 4inch holes.. mine is commin through 1 and it is restriced and reverberates around inside the box.. 10 inches of sub tryin 2 get through a 4inch hole..lol

keep up the good work..

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
hey mate i know about the clutch a mate of mine with the same ute did it only a couple of months back, yeh my sub is behind the rear firewall except mine is a 12 inch sub also only comes through one port hole but it is a professional fibreglass ported box so i find as it ensures the air moves the right way. So far so good with it got a retune on my amp and its going even harder now gettin up over 125db whilst remainin good quality sound. If you would like to see photos of my set up check out the ute stereos thread that i have posted images to reply, (find it in the car audio section). I'll repost them hear shortly

Great first car for the both of us though mate, im keen to see yours and hear how urs progresses

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
another update guys i stuck on a SS inductions CAI and a K&N panel filter, picked up the lot off my mate for $50, bargain i thought and nothing dodgy except his motor that blew up and the cai was only on it for 3 months, his loss my gain :), currently in the search for a good 2nd hand hardcover and tryin to find time to get my car in for the catback still, ...... School is a pain

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
so far cai is goin great, picked up and installed a level 2 cluster this arvo, so glad i finally have a tacho, but also thankful a hecktic monster tacho with 3 inch shiftlight was not necesscary lol

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
ok once again another update, picked up a 2nd hand hardcover for $200, just had to get some hinge brackets for it which arrived yesterday, also currently getting a new rear bumperette that had been dented before i bought the ute and a set of clear tail lights very cheap, whilst also got a qoute of $1600 today to panel beat and paint tail gate, paint top rails of tray, hardcover, rear bumperettes and rear pillar covers, although am shopping around still got it booked in for another qoute tomorrow and will still browse around and see what price i can get when i offer cash. Unfortunatly im off to adelaide for hockey nationals all school holidays so won't get the chance to work on the car or save up any money for it, ive got so many plans and things to do with it, but time and money is of the essence,

if anyone has any suggestions or ideas for the ute, that would be great, always looking to improve it