Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my first car, what to get?

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
edit remove post thanks

Last edited:

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
Hey Mate

Y not look into getting say a VT or VX manual V6 for now, if you can get one cheap that is and keep it until you can get a V8.... You can get VT's for as low as 5k ive seen them in the paper so yeah, they look good, and get one with metalic paint give it a polish and it'll look new hehe....

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
You say the alloytec is torqueless yet the RX-8 is far from being torque laden. Where is peak torque reached on the rx8? 5000 - 6000ish? Unless your gonna be taking off with some 4000 revs from every set of lights the alloytec will be better

f1tzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
FG XR6T Ute manual
And why not just change the diff ratio?

Starkey

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS 2011 Nitrate
you say first car yet you also say "hence previously owning 4 5 litres, 1 vl turbo, 1 s/c v6 vs calais etc etc plus a pleathora of quick motorbikes"

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
youde be better off getting something with an alloytec in it over an ancient 5ltr motor, the torque curb on the alloytec is a lot flatter than a wicked 165kw 5ltr with its wicked awesome pushrods and no vvt. you would be getting more power and better fuel economy out of an alloytec and it would still be p plate legal.

if you want torque then go get a straight 6 ba, lots more torque, pulls across the entire rev range with the 6 speed zs auto if its pull you want, they chop and pos 5ltr

anyway stop complaining about pathetic things like that, i was fortunate enough to buy an 02 vx when i was 17, it was 2 yrs old, most people have a crap old vn or vs or something relic like that for a first car, go buy a vn, thus you will appreciate getting something newish later

sv9946

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE ss ute hopefully, or ss-v
edit remove post thanks

Last edited:

Torquen

Boost FTW
Reaction score
Members Ride
450+ HP FORD XR6T
iv got a vs 5speed manual V6. cant rate them highly enough for a tipicly sligish engine. iv owned both a manual and auto vs v6 and the manual (while not being QUICK by any meens) is very fun 2 drive and as you said wont depricate alot in value.
just my 2 cents. feel free 2 PM for any more info.