Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My First Car

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
switches came up nice man so wats next on the list 2 do?

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
next up is either colour code my door handles or extractors, then onto the subs. think i mite do the door handles first to get them outta the way as it wont involve having to save up for as long.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR Berlina
hoping this is what my ride will turn out like..
but how did you get your side trim off! i can't get it off no matter what i do, grrr looks so hot without it tho.. very nice ride man.

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
hoping this is what my ride will turn out like..
but how did you get your side trim off! i can't get it off no matter what i do, grrr looks so hot without it tho.. very nice ride man.

haha cheers dude... removin the trim can be a really really ****house job lol. its all about care, the back bumper ull notice the trim goes in behind a part of the bumper at either end so if u get a screwdriver and push it out from the back that'll give u a start on it then u just slowly peel it away, the rest of the strips should come off easy but u mite have a bit of trouble with the commodore badge on the front side guards i just kept at it, ive heard heating the strips up a little bit with a hair dryer then using fishing line gets the strips off... wish i knew this when i was doing it haha. but all the glue thats left afterwards is the hardest bit to get off... i suggest a rag and alot of eucalytus oil! just dont give up, it mite seem like ur getting no where but once u get the first door done u'll be happy, then just keep goin. good luck with it dude.

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
Nice Clean White Ride mate. Rims suit it perfectly, and i love both stickers. Very Nice.

cheers mate, id also have to admit i love the rims too haha. love ur ride too!!

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive
just an update ive had the CAS and harmonic balancer replaced by a mechanic n replaced the DFI module myself over the last couple of weeks... had the car cut out a few times, this seems to have sorted things out. $520 all up, plus i had to fork out $150 for a speeding fine... haha it sucks when u have to do that sorta stuff... could spent that money on extractors or something. oh well.

gotta pay my rego n get a transmission service then its back to saving. i wanna get a VY in july, but we'll see how it goes... might keep this car for a bit longer.

Summer-Sickness

2005 VZ EXEC
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
05 VZ Executive

mcnmn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS manual wagon
nice smooth looking car mate..
hoping to make my vs wagon look similar.. also my first car but im still on my L's :whistling no worries only 2 months to go..,.
love the wheels was it hard to find some with the right stud pattern??

JT090

Reaction score
Members Ride
VU II SS
nice smooth looking car mate..
hoping to make my vs wagon look similar.. also my first car but im still on my L's :whistling no worries only 2 months to go..,.
love the wheels was it hard to find some with the right stud pattern??

stud pattern is the same on ve's mate just the offset is different, machining the wheels quickly fixes that and then can be used on pre ve commodores