Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My First Decent Car (1996 VS Ute)

PO66OS

Moving On.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S Ute
I can give you two ideas for some splits dude
I have a set of Infinity 6.5" in my ute, get complimented on em all tha tym.
People reckon theyre tha clearest they've heard.
I also bought my gf a set of Fusion Powerplant 6.5". They sound pretty good even off a headunit.
Good mix of highs and lows.
Tha Infinity splits will set you back no more than $300 but only prob is theyre not easy to get hold of. The only place i know to get them is from WOW sight and sound in brisbane, you may be able to order them offline. Tha Fusion are a lil bit pricier but are easier to get hold of from anyone that stocks fusion.
Im not sure how much u want to spend but its hard to get really good quality sound from splits unless you run em off an amp tho. Choice is yours mate.
Hope this helps.

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
1996 VS Ute V6 Executive Series 1
cheers for the advice mate, still just having a look around at the moment. not really in any rush right now

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
quick update, got my p2's last friday, so that means i dont have to display p plates anymore:thumbsup:

not like i recieved much cop attention driving around in this bad boy anyway lol

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
got a new head unit for the ute thanks to a few great mates

its a pioneer deh1150mpg, and it will be installed within the coming weeks, along with new speakers and an amp. god it seems like its taking ages for all this to happen, but im sure it will be worth it in the long run.

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
aaa nice ute..manual buick ute...fun fun in rain :)

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
i hate to be a know it all mate, but its actually got a ecotec:whistling

but yeah its plenty of fun in the rain mate

VRStato64

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS II 6 speed
nice i wish i had a manual=( as far as outside goes..just colour code the body panels. inside personally i think racing steering wheels look a bit silly compared to the stock ones. racing ones are to thin and the dash is fat it just looks out of place. maybe get a leather boot instead of the rubber one.

xxNoblexx

Reaction score
Members Ride
cheers for that mate, when i wrote that first post a while ago, i wanted to go for the racer look, but heaps has changed now, and to be honest i cbf'd changing the steering wheel. as for colour coding the bumpers, thats a must. im keeping the tray as is though because its handy with the motorbike, and for when i hopefully get an apprenticeship

mitchvsute

Reaction score
Members Ride
4.2 turbo vs ute
my ute looked exactly the same as yours when i got it. ide recommend painting your bumpers white and lowering it and taking the badges and the mud flaps off and it will look nice. if you have seen my ute ive done every mod for about 4500 from what yours is now

some_guy

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SII Exec.
Thats a clean looking ute mate, should look great when ur list is crossed off. A bench seat manual would make for awkward (Not if its a girl) times with a full cab. I have the Vt Gts wheels on mine and it looks pretty sweet.