Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My First Inking ..... Props to SimpleSime from Melbourne!!!!!!! (whats your next one)

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Yeah I want to get a family tree up my leg with roots going down over my foot and then my olds names and date of birth engraved on trunk then my bro and his kids branch of to one side and then me and Matilda on the other....... And yeah your right, as soon as I walked out the door I was like ......... I want to turn around and head back in for more ..... although my Ma thinks different hahahahaha.

That sounds like you put a decent amount of thought into it. Its an awesome idea :) Try not to listen too much to the negative comments ey, as long as you are happy with your ink thats all that matters. Like they say some people put their art on the wall, we wear ours on our body :)

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
That sounds like you put a decent amount of thought into it. Its an awesome idea :) Try not to listen too much to the negative comments ey, as long as you are happy with your ink thats all that matters. Like they say some people put their art on the wall, we wear ours on our body :)

I havnt heard that one before. I like it.
Nah look Im all for speaking their mind, after all I did ask for peoples opinions so Im happy to hear either way.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
in a sence who cares what people think. if you like it and u know the meaning behind it that's fair enough and i think its a nice gesture as your daughter means the world too you.... artwork is good quality too..

i dont get pointless tatts, that r just stupid and ugly. or people getting them as a "Cool Factor"

possibly in a more inconspicuous spot. i dont get the tatts which are hard to hide, say for job interviews or professional occasions., but a simple long sleeve shirt will suffice.

little cheeky subtle tats on chicks is nice though

INNAWE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais 5ltr
in a sence who cares what people think. if you like it and u know the meaning behind it that's fair enough and i think its a nice gesture as your daughter means the world too you.... artwork is good quality too..

i dont get pointless tatts, that r just stupid and ugly. or people getting them as a "Cool Factor"

possibly in a more inconspicuous spot. i dont get the tatts which are hard to hide, say for job interviews or professional occasions., but a simple long sleeve shirt will suffice.little cheeky subtle tats on chicks is nice though

But why do you need to hide them? I work in a professional field and I roll my sleeves up. Just becuase people have ink doesnt mean that they are any different than others. Just means I wear my heart of my sleeve.

detox_nath83

Another VL Driver
Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Turbo Commo
no it doesn't mean they are different you are right... just not a "good Look" in some professions and people are quick to judge that's all...

KimiClaire

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Series II, VT Commodore Series II
I think it would look better with a fourth foot to even it out! But the actual work is amazing!

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
Nice work. I have my kids names in the same spot on my left arm done out of jinxproof in geelong.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
what a stupid comment........ :nutkick: You would be one of those that think that because people have visible tattoos, they shouldn't be allowed into restaurants. People get ink because they like it...... i have heaps of it, not because i want to look like a sick ####, but because i like it, and i don't give a flying #### what it means. I have about 30 different tatts, not because i want to impress. Your kind of comments suggest to me that you probably wouldn't have the balls to sit in the chair and have ink done. I have seen your type trying to get a tattoo before..... they cringe, jump, and generally squeal like a bitch getting a small tattoo.

So, anyone who doesnt have a tatt has no balls and is scared of pain? Mate you dont know what pain is till you are forced to live on a permanent diet of morphine.

Kernels 'type' probably is just like my type.. I prefer my art in a form where I can change it, put it back on a shelf, hang it on a wall etc. and not be forced to see it every time I look down. Tatts date and fade, but you cant sell them when you get sick of them, and they never ever appreciate in value.

Whilst I respect your right to deface your own body, and I have no problem whatsoever with tattoos as such, just because I dont want one doesnt mean I have no balls. As to whether you shouldnt be in a restaurant with them displayed, it depends on whether you are the customer or the waiter.. you wouldnt meet my expectations as a former employer of waiters with a tatt like that, sorry.

You should also stop and think.. why abuse people? The OP asked for opinions, and he got them. WTF is your problem? The OP isnt getting stressed about it?

To the OP, I do like the tatt, and I like the sentiments behind it. A back job would have been more appropriate though, IMO.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
So, anyone who doesnt have a tatt has no balls and is scared of pain? Mate you dont know what pain is till you are forced to live on a permanent diet of morphine.

Kernels 'type' probably is just like my type.. I prefer my art in a form where I can change it, put it back on a shelf, hang it on a wall etc. and not be forced to see it every time I look down. Tatts date and fade, but you cant sell them when you get sick of them, and they never ever appreciate in value.

Whilst I respect your right to deface your own body, and I have no problem whatsoever with tattoos as such, just because I dont want one doesnt mean I have no balls. As to whether you shouldnt be in a restaurant with them displayed, it depends on whether you are the customer or the waiter.. you wouldnt meet my expectations as a former employer of waiters with a tatt like that, sorry.

You should also stop and think.. why abuse people? The OP asked for opinions, and he got them. WTF is your problem? The OP isnt getting stressed about it?

To the OP, I do like the tatt, and I like the sentiments behind it. A back job would have been more appropriate though, IMO.
Firstly can we have a thread where I don't have to hear you play the tiny violin?
As far as I am concerned it's simply each to their own, if we were all the same it sure would be a boring life.
Why wouldn't the OP meet your expectations with a tattoo like his? It's a classy piece with meaning, not like he just has some swear word up his arm. I think people need to stop living in the 50's, but then again it is hard when you are born during that time periord.

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Firstly can we have a thread where I don't have to hear you play the tiny violin?
As far as I am concerned it's simply each to their own, if we were all the same it sure would be a boring life.
Why wouldn't the OP meet your expectations with a tattoo like his? It's a classy piece with meaning, not like he just has some swear word up his arm. I think people need to stop living in the 50's, but then again it is hard when you are born during that time periord.

And what tiny violin would that be? The guy thinks having a tatt is the ultimate pain experience and anyone who doesnt have one has avoided having one to avoid pain. What absolute crap. I choose not to have one because I dont bloody want one, simple as that.

Yes, each to his own. We all face decisions in our lives and benefit or suffer from the consequences. In a place where I get to hire and fire people who are in constant public contact, I wouldnt hire someone with a large forearm tattoo. Others might, I am voicing my personal opinion which although may not be the same as yours, is something I am totally entitled to do. Thats what a forum is for.

And its not only me that lives in the past here, tattoos went out of mainstream vogue years ago. Much less popular than they used to be, just like mustaches. Fortunately when mustaches went out of fashion you could just shave them off.

Thanks for your input.