Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My first V8

Husky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII L67 Berlina Wagon and VEIISSV M6 Sportswagon
Looks good mate. I bought my VU a year ago as a second car and I still love it. That V8 feeling doesn't get old. I agree with everyone else, A good tune and exhaust will liven her up a bit. As well as some 3.46 diff gears.

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Looks good mate. I bought my VU a year ago as a second car and I still love it. That V8 feeling doesn't get old. I agree with everyone else, A good tune and exhaust will liven her up a bit. As well as some 3.46 diff gears.

Yeah OTR CAI and tune is up next, not sure when though. I really love the exhaust on it, sounds way better than my mates twin 3"

brae123

Reaction score
Members Ride
99 LS1 Caprice
ditch the standard idler pully, get a comp solid tensioner. For some more power do some research into an ls6 manifold, otr, 6ltr ls2 heads up the compression for a good amount for more torque, and a good cheap way to do the injectors is the l67 injectors from the supercharged 6's. Get a tune and with those mods alone should be looking closer to 240-250rwkw. A 224/230 is a nice cam that is super drivable from day to day, couple that with a good exhaust and you should be looking around the 290rwkw mark. Good luck with your first V8, i remember the feeling getting into mine for the first time. The mod bug will surely take over so have fun and get used to opening your wallet.

VXSS.195

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VX SS
Small update: Got my cruise control working, not sure why it wasn't working before but it is now.

One of the idle pulleys or the power steering pump is squeaking alot on startup, not sure how easy it is to replace as I have to take all the intake shrouds etc off :/
Had it for over a month now and I still f#cking love it! :spot on:

Hey mate, just a heads up, I'd suggest checking the idler pulleys, and recommend replacing if they're the plastic factory ones. One of mine was squeaking and making odd noises a while ago while i was 3 & a half hours away on a trip in Melbourne. The pulley seized up, melted, and broke off & I had to get the car towed the rest of the way.

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
Hey mate, just a heads up, I'd suggest checking the idler pulleys, and recommend replacing if they're the plastic factory ones. One of mine was squeaking and making odd noises a while ago while i was 3 & a half hours away on a trip in Melbourne. The pulley seized up, melted, and broke off & I had to get the car towed the rest of the way.

thanks man, I think I will check it tomorrow morning when I have some time, I reckon dad has a spare in the shed somewhere. Cheers

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
So new idle pulley on and squeaking is gone so thats good. The pulley was $50 was bloody ridiculous imo but oh well.

Thinking of getting some new rims so opinions are welcome, thinking of Vz ssz rims or some nice black rims. Won't go any bigger than 18" though.

OTR CAI is up next plus a tune I reckon, Interested in what you guys have so will check some threads

Cheers

kangavxss

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX SS
Where bouts in Adelaide r u? If down south ring Olsen automotive at Lonsdale ( Daniel) as he knows all about ls1 etc mods and has dyno and is a tuner. He did most of my stuff, very good bloke..cheers

JoshlikesCalais

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z
So turns out the car has 35% tint which is darkest legal, even though I reckon it looks crap but don't want a defect so ill leave it :/ My old car darker though. Wanting to do some subtle mods but have no idea what to do, my rims are in sh#t condition and want to get them reconditioned but have no idea how much it will be? any guesses? or some new rims, wanting black rims but they don't look that good on silver cars :/ Can't do anything else to the outside of the car since its silver and nothing matches with it :( Installed an amp, new speakers and tweeters today so actually sounds good but my ground point is bad and speakers are whining a bit. My mate a series 2 SS with full leather and I'm kinda regretting buying a series 1. Mine does sound better though.
Hhould be getting an OTR and tune soon just trying to find a decent price.

After any opinions on what to do?

Towcar

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina Wagon
201rwkw for only exhaust is actually pretty good.

My starting point was 193rwkw before the tune and OTR CAI and 239 rwkw after.

I am used to the power increase now but it is still a fairly quick car.