Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My Ford Focus ST = the new daily

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Maloo , 2002 Monaro
The other week was thinking ,when did I last fill up ,( thanks to using efpos = I hate /why but here helped ).
7 weeks and 1 day ( would have had to fill up Sunday but used the CV8 ).
Today 585 km = 49.53 L = not bad for a lot more suburbia running around.
Going off that = less than 4.5k kms a year=was working last year.
Only a few hundred kms off 97500 km.
Since did 90k service at 91k at 24th, 7th ,21 = 6.5K km in 12 months
Service in the next month along with one on the CV8.
Going away to Mudgee in early Sept = either this or the CV8= might depend on the weather!!!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Unfortunately the Mudgee trip/holiday didn't happen, ( missus health= doctors visit and treatment got in the way ).
Fortunately we've turned the corner there !!!
Also fortunately booking was book now pay later and we cancelled before any penalties / payments were required.

So here we are now finally on a little 2 night getaway only less than an hour up the road from the missus place at the start to Hunter wine country area, ( got to use the stay NSW vouchers just in time !! ).

Focus got the duty = ( weather forecast = shite ).

Weather was pretty good until now Friday arvo ( rain's set in ), ( 2nd night ) , considering the forecast.

It's quiet ( not many people around ).
View out the back = could be 100 miles from anywhere !

There's a brewery/brewhouse restaurant about a 150 m walk out the front so a homebrew or two and walk to dinner ( with the aid of an umbrella ).

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah this is not my Focus ST but way cool !!!
I think ( talking to one my of my brothers ) the other day .
He works on Peugeot ,Renault, Jag and Volvo=specialize .
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy .
Got a repairable write off , threw an aquantice= lots of PITA to rego ( in the new year),( he has contacts to repair /parts) but !!!
Repairable write off ( hit ROO front on )= really minimal damage .

A 2013 Volvo S60 Polstar in the blue ( as per the Supercars , some years ago )

1672229621003.png

Will be his new daily. = put the 850 away /limited use.

Last edited:

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Post #47 said pass 96k kms at easter 2022.
Checked that/last years pink slip 27/04/2022 =95,999 kms.
Payed the RMS today , Bunnings and a couple of other errands = end of day 27/04/2023 100,567 kms = ( yes it passed 100k earlier in the year)
Back in the carport ( older photo but same ) = break up wall of text.

Need to go to yearly servicing's.
Figure easiest is at rego time ( even though adds to costs at a bigger expense time) = need to do this with both Holdens as well = easiest to remember.

So weekend or early next week ( more likely ) , oil, filter ,check brake pads , rotate the tyres/wheels, so forth.
Kms will be higher this year = more than likely , as this will probably get the duty/run to SE QLD next month (mums 90th ).

Probably wait till after that run = what I do about cleaning ( dam !!! direct injection/ports ) .
Not even sure if anyone does walnut blasting in Sydney =2 hrs away.
I did look at a youtube vid late last year = a guy pulling shxt apart and cleaning/scrubbing ports on a Focus ST.

Guessing this is what I'll have to do but not really looking FWD to that !!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
The middle of last week a little more difficult to open and then dash says battery in Key FOB is low=replace.
Me being a dumbass then forgot all about it until I'm about to leave Saturday arvo to head up to the missus place.

Yeap the spare was even flatter.
Didn't want to risk so threw keys in bag and CV8 got to be used for a few days.

I figured the Key FOB was a sealed unit and I was going to FORD.

Wrong!!!!
I tried Saturday night.
Turns out it's easier to open than the plastic surrounded packaging the CR2032 batteries come in now !!!

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Turns out it's easier to open than the plastic surrounded packaging the CR2032 batteries come in now !!!
:D ............... had to replace one of those a couple of days ago. Out of the cardboard sleeve, and then wondered why it wouldn't fit.
Sealed in a clear plastic shell :confused: for kid's safety and adults frustration.

hademall

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF CALAIS WAGON
:D ............... had to replace one of those a couple of days ago. Out of the cardboard sleeve, and then wondered why it wouldn't fit.
Sealed in a clear plastic shell :confused: for kid's safety and adults frustration.
Yeah, and then you get a Stanley Knife and nearly cut your f@#king thumb off trying to open it!

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride

Absolutely= because some parents are dumber than their kids and can't keep questionable items locked away or out of reach !!.
Yeah, and then you get a Stanley Knife and nearly cut your f@#king thumb off trying to open it!

Cut my thumb on Friday night = tomato's = ( idiot !!! ).
A few band aids since and earlier today ( it was healing and no covering= band aid ) and = me =said idiot managed to hit end of it, thumb again while tapping down some pavers at my missus place on a little project and spilt it open again and leaving a few blood thumb prints everywhere, Ha ha ha.

afstruct

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
The daily parked in the carport and nature throwing a light show.

Also from trip the other month ( mums 90th )
Found these gems .
Her mother ( my grandmother ) is the baby ,youngest in this photo.

Also , her fathers ( my grandfathers ) reading glasses.

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
If giant robots show up at your house, we know why now. Or one of your cars is not actually a car.
1689675739168.jpeg