Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Did you replace trans filter? If so, any metal in the bottom of the trans pan?
No haven't took the pan off. Have all day tomorrow so will do that first. Only really have 1 extractor to go back on, rest of exhaust. Plug in sensors and new fluids for engine and TM. I think that's it..

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Did you replace trans filter? If so, any metal in the bottom of the trans pan?
I'll go out and get these tomorrow rather than online, but this is what I want right?

Screenshot_20240418_194235_eBay.jpg

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I'll go out and get these tomorrow rather than online, but this is what I want right?

View attachment 266879
Thats a cork gasket. I didn't use.
If you want to, go for it.

On the 6L50 l've kept using the original aluminium gasket, when changing the filter.

I didn't know both trannies used the same gasket & filter.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Got the driveshaft on but tbh for all I know it's the wrong way round as didn't pay too much attention pulling it off. 750mm from end to centre bracket both ways so put it up and just see which way felt / looked right.

I'm sure someone is gonna just on this if wrong lol

This is facing the rear...

View attachment 266878
Need to see the side of the rubber couplings to see which way the arrows are pointing for the front & back couplings.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Need to see the side of the rubber couplings to see which way the arrows are pointing for the front & back couplings.
The shaft had an arrow. I would've thought the arrow went to the rear but it's pointing towards the engine atm... :eek: only 8 bolts if the wrong way...

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Thats a cork gasket. I didn't use.
If you want to, go for it.

On the 6L50 l've kept using the original aluminium gasket, when changing the filter.

I didn't know both trannies used the same gasket & filter.
I'll reuse if I can. I'll go to to Supercheap or one of them and see if they keep the filters.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
Not an expert but I’ve heard the TC and the flex plate need to have some defined clearance so between them. That way when the TC is brought forward to bolt up to flex plate it’s pulled a little bit (1/8”?) away from the trans pump which helps to avoid premature pump wear if the TC pushes hard against the pump :oops:

Also heard that the snout on the engine side should be lightly greased (avoids binding) while the pump side snout should be lubricated with trans fluid and not grease (else it will leak) :rolleyes:

As to the drive shaft, no idea which is front or back but the donut rubbers must be turned by the engine when going forward so that normal (torsional) drive stresses pass through the thicker part of the donut and not the thinner part. That is the gearbox flange driving bolts turn the donut clockwise through the tick part so it pushes the driven shaft flange bolts that turn the tube clockwise (down the 1/4 mile) :p

Trust it’s all ok and you’ll be rattle free soon enough :cool:

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
I might have missed it but did you replace that leaking input shaft seal before refitting the trans?

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Well I'm finally there, we'll almost. All exhaust back on and just missing the female plug for the nearside cat sensor. Oh and the small part of no oil in the TM...:D Had a quick look round the TM but don't see no plug.

I'll Google it...

Could be firing her up before midday.

Last edited: