Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
I thought you where starting a new job today?

When it comes to working on the car, if l don't finish it the day l started, well, there's always tomorrow, & l'll be fresh, so, that usually means things will go a lot easier? I hope?;):D
I did and got selt home after 2 hrs. It's just unpacking containers at The Port of Brisbane, but a Big W shipment we was supposed to work on is delayed so we got sent home.

I've had 2 interviews that I was told there would be a follow up, one said I'd got the job then both totally ghosted me. They'll read but don't answer texts, and don't answer phone calls. I was gonna withold my number and catch em but why bother. Strange behaviour tho...

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Seems to be a lot of jobs out there at the moment. Some I don't suppose pay much, but from what I'm hearing from those with business' is they can't find reliable staff. This includes our local council depot who are employing people they know are not best for the job but are the best out of a pick of average applicants. Seems to be a lot of people out there who don't want a job, at least it seems that way around here? Not sure if its the same up your way?

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Seems to be a lot of jobs out there at the moment. Some I don't suppose pay much, but from what I'm hearing from those with business' is they can't find reliable staff. This includes our local council depot who are employing people they know are not best for the job but are the best out of a pick of average applicants. Seems to be a lot of people out there who don't want a job, at least it seems that way around here? Not sure if its the same up your way?
I was saying only recently that there seems to be a lot of work around, but yeah I apply for prob 5 to 10 jobs a day. Hear from the odd one about how the application is in the system and that's it..

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
So today I'll hopefully get the car finished and tested. If all good I'll be getting this on and computer wiped and defaulted to try once again to get rid of the low power mode trips.

Screenshot_20240504_080856_Photos.jpg

Screenshot_20240504_080849_Photos.jpg

Nice and shiny hey... :D

MrBags

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z SERIES

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
So everything is back on and just filling the engine with oil....

Screenshot_20240504_100355_Gallery.jpg

If you don't hear from me in the next hour there will be a burning HSV down the end of my road if anyone wants to try and salvage something from it. Engines wanked.... :D

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Houston????

We have a problem. Car fired up fine albeit idling a bit rough, but when I put the car into D It don't do much. R the same. Now I must say I'm not sure how much oil is in the TM. I *thought* I'd put both engine and TM oils back in thier bottles. Engine was almost full but the 2 TM oils I have 1 is almost empty, the other about a third, so I thought the rest is in the TM. Gonna throw that third into it now but yeah hoping it IS low on oil cos if not maybe I got a rooted TC.

Oh prob relevant. When in D and I revved it a bit it kinda grabbed and pulled me fwd but only just. R didn't wanna know how much I revved it so I pushed the car back into the garage.

Someone please tell me this is signs of low TM oil?

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
2 drops fell from the TM. Man I need to quit the weed. Also while under there I see the four 15mm nuts on the exhaust where they meet the cats loose. Might've explained the rough idle...:rolleyes:

What a spanner, and now to go get some oil as not got enough and see what damage I've done... :confused:

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
2 drops fell from the TM. Man I need to quit the weed. Also while under there I see the four 15mm nuts on the exhaust where they meet the cats loose. Might've explained the rough idle...:rolleyes:

What a spanner, and now to go get some oil as not got enough and see what damage I've done... :confused:

Didn’t you put in a replacement torque converter? The torque converter holds quite a bit of fluid, so that might account for the shortfall?

Does the manual say anything about prefilling the torque converter? I recall it was usual to pour a litre or so in to the torque converter before it is installed.