Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My HSV Clubsport

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
Amen to that!

Current state of play...

View attachment 267546
Does the trans push in, to mate with the block?
If not the converter is not mounted correctly?

Or maybe just take bolts back out, sleightly rock the trans, maybe getting caught on the engine dowels?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Looks to me like the rear of the engine needs to come down.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Or the rear of the trans to go up?
Possibly, but the engine normally needs to come down as well to make it fit as it can hit.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
Nah not the case. I made this...

View attachment 267528

And then secured a big piece of timber on top...

View attachment 267529

But cut it down as thought the size was contributing to the wabble...

View attachment 267530

Also put a ratchet strap round it but that's 8mm bolts and they bent and 2 snapped in the end lol.

Next go I foresee a breeze compared as I'll just use my dolly. When I put it back last time I lined it up well and just pushed it up to the 2 lugs and bolted away. Just couldn't get there today and when I did one bolt in and things just didn't seem right. Hindsight again but maybe the TM wasn't square like it would've been on the dolly.

Next go!!
Here's a pic of the bottom of my platform. I think it would be a lot stronger than your bolts?
That steel plate is what the bolt goes through to be bolted to the jack.

1714705593109.jpeg

chrisp

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 MY16 SS Redline Sportwagon
Amen to that!

Current state of play...

View attachment 267546

Don’t pull it in using the bolts! Don’t! Don’t!

There are so many accounts of people just tightening those bolts to get the transmission home - and destroying the pump on the transmission.

Definitely step back, and check that the torque converter still spins freely. If not, back the transmission out. If it does spin freely, they look elsewhere for the binding issue,

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Calm down calm down!

It lined up purfect...

Screenshot_20240503_150545_Gallery.jpg

And then slid it home with Jack supporting the TM at the Mount end.

All along the way I made sure the TC was home and free spinning, it still is and now gonna get the bolts in for flex plate....

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Make sure the trans mount and bell housing bolts are done up before you bolt the TC to the flex plate.

HSV-Paul

Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV Clubsport R8
Make sure the trans mount and bell housing bolts are done up before you bolt the TC to the flex plate.
I did, and I did a tip I was told elsewhere. Do all 3 bolts of FP pinch tight, and THEN go for the tight one. Don't do one supertight and move on or could warp the plate. True?.... who knows I get told all sorts here and elsewhere. Mostly good advice but a few wrong steers unfortunately...

Only driveshaft, tail whatever and the cat back. Oh and do the oils to do now. Tempted to keep going but currently looking at the drive thing and wondering which way it went lol, my brain is fried but got it all back together with no hiccups and the answer is a few pages back..

I need a drink. Who does this stuff for a livny hey?... :p

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
I did, and I did a tip I was told elsewhere. Do all 3 bolts of FP pinch tight, and THEN go for the tight one. Don't do one supertight and move on or could warp the plate. True?.... who knows I get told all sorts here and elsewhere. Mostly good advice but a few wrong steers unfortunately...

Only driveshaft, tail whatever and the cat back. Oh and do the oils to do now. Tempted to keep going but currently looking at the drive thing and wondering which way it went lol, my brain is fried but got it all back together with no hiccups and the answer is a few pages back..

I need a drink. Who does this stuff for a livny hey?... :p
I thought you where starting a new job today?

When it comes to working on the car, if l don't finish it the day l started, well, there's always tomorrow, & l'll be fresh, so, that usually means things will go a lot easier? I hope?;):D