Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my Kingswood.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Ari, I really don't like you right now, why you make things hard!!!!
We'll see what happens. I think it has a quady on it already, which prolly will be better setup than the current one, which I still haven't got perfect yet.
I actually think it may be a little lean.

^ ^ ^ What a G C ^ ^ ^ :thumbsup:

I'm assuming that's good kent, in which I agree.

Contradiction much!

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

Don't ruin a good story with the truth.

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR
LOL i wasnt thrashing any ideas, just sharing my expierences. im not saying dont go holley, but all means loads of success stories out there, but im just saying dont think its a cure-all. they work "out of the box" yes, if you consider using tonnes of fuel and fouling plugs "working" i prefer to get an engine running well and i had loads more success with a quaddy.

but that may just be me. im all about helping where i can though, whichever way you go.

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
LOL i wasnt thrashing any ideas, just sharing my expierences. im not saying dont go holley, but all means loads of success stories out there, but im just saying dont think its a cure-all. they work "out of the box" yes, if you consider using tonnes of fuel and fouling plugs "working" i prefer to get an engine running well and i had loads more success with a quaddy.

but that may just be me. im all about helping where i can though, whichever way you go.

You've helped heaps.
I was thinking a Holley mainly for the fact that I want a cam that's a bit lumpy, which I may have trouble with vacuum. Which means possible mods. If it was stock, I wouldn't have considered it to start with.
But it's not for a while, so well cross that bridge when we get to it.

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

corhijasna

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ss commodore / WM Caprice V
if the holleys using too much fuel you just need to change the size of the jets etc,i had a 302 ford with the quadrajet carby on her,had it rebuilt several times biggest piece of c..p I have ever had anything to do with,got a 600 ddp holley from a mate with a smaller power valve jet I think its called and never had a problem,no fouling of plugs or any probs due to it
just my opinion though,i am sure others would say the other way but that's my experience
cheers

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
Anyway, here's a couple of pics and a video
e7a9agyh.jpg
3yre9ubu.jpg

http://youtu.be/t4-Vr_QTFBQ
Nothing special. Sounds cool though, and it's not overly loud like some I've heard.

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

ari666

250,000 hits
Reaction score
Members Ride
1966 impala, R32 GTR

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
I've got to make up a bracket for the front of that mount, same as stock, I just don't have one, that's a weekend job. Been meaning to for some time. Should be right once that's done, I've also got to take a spacer out from behind the alt mount to line it up a bit better. Also a weekend job when I pull it all apart again.

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\

kingswood country

Reaction score
Members Ride
hj kingswood
So, battery issue, every now and then, after a short trip, I stop the car and it won't restart, battery is dead, alt has new brushes, all connections and terminals are clean, I'm assuming the battery is knacked, would I be right, before going out and spending $150+ on a new battery.

__/ ][ \__
~O-----O\