Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi there fellas,

Just thought I'd like to get to know some of our helpful members here on the forum. Great to be a member on this site. Had lots of questions answered, received lots of helpful tips and advice. Big thanks to all of yee guys!

Dad and I are Irish expats living in Saudi Arabia. I'm currently a high school student and drive a VZ Commodore Executive (Chevrolet Lumina LS). Dad's got a WM Caprice (Chevrolet Caprice LS).

Before buying either cars, neither of us knew about Holden. One day when we decided to drop by the Chevrolet dealer to get a spare aerial for the Caprice. They told us it would have to be imported from Australia. So my old man was all, "What's Australia got to do with this? My car is a Chevrolet"... and that's when we first heard of Holden.

I'm now quite a Commodore-fanatic :rofl2: Love driving the car and getting to know as much about Commodores as possible. JustCommodores does a great job at helping me in that! :yeah: To all those who came across my "Holden badges wanted" thread, I'm glad to let you know I've finally got them! Will be uploading pics soon!

Hey I'd like to know if there are any Irish or Australian expats on the forum who also live in Saudi, or the Arabian Gulf. Would be great to know you chaps!

Here's a picture of the interior of my VZ. Yes, steering wheel's on the wrong side of the car haha!

http://forums.justcommodores.com.au...ore-chev-de-badge-picture116978-dsc05672.html

Last edited:

304runner

( .Y. )
Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 5.0 Ute & a 4runner with a VS SS trasplant
Glad to hear you have badged your car with the Lion. A VZ is a bloody top first Holden to get, a bit a a mile stone some might say. My first Holden was a $500 VB Commodore with a smashed back window due to house speakers floating around on the parcel shelf :)
The history of holden goes a long way back, and our parents passion and influence is hardwired into our brains at a young age. Your either born a Ford kid, or a Holden kid....

I often think what kind of banged up $500 special my kid is going to bring home in 16 years from now?

I urge you to visit Australia one day to check out our cars, and try to head to a race called The Bathurst 1000, (Ford V Holden race) & you will see the true passion Australians have for their prefered car company.

tHe_sTiG

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Glad to hear you have badged your car with the Lion. A VZ is a bloody top first Holden to get, a bit a a mile stone some might say. My first Holden was a $500 VB Commodore with a smashed back window due to house speakers floating around on the parcel shelf :)
The history of holden goes a long way back, and our parents passion and influence is hardwired into our brains at a young age. Your either born a Ford kid, or a Holden kid....

I often think what kind of banged up $500 special my kid is going to bring home in 16 years from now?

I urge you to visit Australia one day to check out our cars, and try to head to a race called The Bathurst 1000, (Ford V Holden race) & you will see the true passion Australians have for their prefered car company.

I really admire the passion and pride that Australians have for their cars :) I always had a passion for cars myself, since I was a kid back in '99 playing Need For Speed :D And now I've got my Commodore!

Just to think how it all started in the early 50's, continued with the Kingswood, and a lengthy '75 to current date time-line with the successful Commodore! Respect goes to the Australians who worked to keep their Holden at the top!

I'm a big fan of the V8 Supercars. What really got me so attached to the event was how close it came to me! Being in Saudi, and the Yas Marina Circuit next door in Abu Dhabi! No live coverage available, had my eyes glued to my laptop at the live timing on their website! Watched the videos online later, just amazing! Haven't seen such close, aggressive and action-packed racing before! Great adrenaline-rush! Can't wait for Bathurst 1000!

I would definetely love to come down to Australia one day, and experience the thrill of Australian racing first-hand!

Last edited: