Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

My new Project (dan's version)

dan_man31

now projecting oh yeah :D
Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
i desperately want a new interior i love the grey dont mind the cream but i wanna change it darker .. or lighter i dunno but i want it to be different haha to expensive im gonna try painting lol i got a pair of monza racing seats (rrp $300 each) might put them in
and i do really want to do up the engine bay as well still deciding on paint colour

another update though ..have decided to purchase my mates hdt bodykit and im only putting the lower half on selling the spoiler i had on and the one that comes with it should look good getting it as soon as tax money comes through

thanks dan

dan_man31

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
what do you think about candy apple green as a colour ?

saw it on a vk looked fab

thanks dan

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Looks pretty good to be honest, I'll get a picture of a Green commy in town, I've got to see him sunday for my polishing so I'll grab a quick snap of his car while I'm there.

dan_man31

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
updated pics not much is changing been a bit busy ..finding a door next week and yeah soon gonna get into some hard work tell me wat ya's think so far

thanks dan:wax:

Attachments

• car pics 002.jpg
    car pics 002.jpg
    698.7 KB · Views: 131
  • car-pics-005.jpg
    car-pics-005.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 131
  • car-pics-007.jpg
    car-pics-007.jpg
    110.6 KB · Views: 115
  • car-pics-004.jpg
    car-pics-004.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 118
  • car-pics-001.jpg
    car-pics-001.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 113
  • car-pics-003.jpg
    car-pics-003.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 105

Stewart1000

work done by ME
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VL twin turbo. VN5L. old jeep, **** mondeo.
looks like its coming along really nicely, a few things to remember, if you rub through to the metal, use wax and grease remover and then primer, if it is a big spot like more than 5cm you will have to use etch primer (i think its called that) take out your front lights, easy to do, a few screws.
i currently have 2 really deep cuts on the first 2 fingers on my left hand from using a knife to get the plastic off from the doors, it was working till i pushed too hard trying to get it done quicker, snapped the knife and the knife went into my fingers. take your time. get a hot air gun and heat up the plastic but not to the point it distorts or melts, unless you are gettign new plastic, then run a razor behind it, it will come off a lot easier use a scraper with replaceable blades to scrape off the glue, its really easy that way. you will be getting water in your boot with the lights out so remember that.
what grade of paper are you sanding it back with, i would go with 320 first and then 800 to smooth it out before the paint goes on.
Might want to look into a new bonnet, last weekend pick-a-part has bonnets and boots for 25 dollars each, they shouldn't be more than 40 now tho. make sure you get one in the same colour if you are going to do that.

dan_man31

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
hey man thanks for the comment yeah we found that using a hair dryer and a scraper ..or blunt knife thing pealed off the plastic so much quicker and found a scraper which just peals the rubber off so quick i was amazed we are sanding it back using 320 grit its doin the trick why do u think i should get a new bonnet ? im tryin to save as much money as possible meaning fixing as much as possible the door needed replacing because we sanded back the bog in it and found out that rust was all the way through we could just bog it back together but yeah its comin along well i wouldnt mind an aero kit but i would have to save up some doe for that at the moment its just hdt so yeah ill keep you updated with wats doin ..might get some more done tommoro night see wat happens

thanks dan

dan_man31

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
just a bit of an update ......

car has been sitting old man got a bit stuck into it while i had to study taped up all the windows removed the door trims car is 75% sanded down by me not him :p ... on the outside ... still like 80% for inside the doors and boot left . sourcing out either a cheap aero kit .. or my mates hdt kit as soon as i get money and i think im gonna paint it the new ve colour ignition or something like that.

just need to keep sanding and save up some money for undercoat and paint .. and yeah she'll be coming around good :D tell me wat you think

and does anyone have any idea how much im likely to pay for the ignition paint ?
thanks dan

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
i can get you a brand new front aero bar for about $400 if you're interested.

dan_man31

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf ss-v 6spd ute
bangers said:
i can get you a brand new front aero bar for about $400 if you're interested.

does it come with the rest :dance: im looking for a complete kit ... ?