Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my new project VQ Caprice

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
1998 vt clubsport replica
yeh the vq's get the vn headlights and indicators as they are vn based, not sure if i want to go changing to much looks wise as i think once the front lip is on then it will look the part.

as for the vn ss lip they are actually differnt as the lip dosent have the provisions for the fog lights....

thanks for the comments guys....

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
small update replaced all seatbelts, ignition barrel, door locks, drivers seat rail, boot springs,

rang holden n priced up a rad shroud $35plus gst, just waiting on confirmation if there still available

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
engine bay is getting a little better, still needs a clean and the rockers painted once i get some gaskets for them

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
well she is running, pritty sure it was only the coil but ended up changing dizzy, rotor, leads, cap, coil, ignition module and inlet manifold gaskets and it still didnt run.

so went back to original problem fuel pump wiring and guess wat the wires were wrong way around, so a quick swap of that and she fired, set the timming and its running great..

also filled with new coolant aswell.

have gotten a new steering rack still to fit, and also irs diff cradle.

and also the climate control dosent change where the air blows so will look into that aswell..

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
whole lot will be polished, rockers and engine covers and possibly banannas....

just had some left over paint and was bored waiting for parts so thought id spruce it up a bit, actaully looking fot vt covers to polish

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
whole lot will be polished, rockers and engine covers and possibly banannas....

just had some left over paint and was bored waiting for parts so thought id spruce it up a bit, actaully looking fot vt covers to polish

fair o

the blue's different tho. polished sucks, looks gr8 but is hard to keep clean and get water marks real easy. chrome might be easier to keep clean.

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
haha yeh but its FORD blue lol, it does go well with the car but.i dunno plenty of time to worry about that, consentrating on getting it regoed first

ducker85

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE clubbie R8
ture ture ummm chrome rockers, with painted VT covers (same as car?) and polish banana's??? i know our cars got black engine covers, silver nana's and one day get chrome rockers

clubsport_replica

Reaction score
Members Ride
well fixed the climate control this morning all it was is the one way valve in the engine bay was the wrong way around. so all fixed and fully functional and too damn cold..