Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

my new ride

agrocm

Reaction score
hey all been a while since i been on here last i posted was a vu ute i was buying well that fell through he still owed money on the car so now i bought a different car a vy ute 5 speed manual v6 with cia kit extractors and full 2 and a half inch exhaust it sounds better than some v8s when i get a camera ill post up some inside pics and a video of the exhaust u really have to hear it. no future mods yet but im open to ideas.

Attachments

• DSC00984.JPG
    DSC00984.JPG
    320 KB · Views: 390

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
nice ute man had the previous owner had ne problems gettin a yellow 4 that bar? my mate had a similar R&M william bar on his vs ute got yellowed coz the top corners or the bar didnt have enough of a rounded edge like urs but apparently they a perfectly legal its just cops dont like em

agrocm

Reaction score
bar is fully legal its made buy s and w platt in orange and cops cant defect u cause the bull abrs are air bag rated and **** like all approved it does have stickers on teh back window but there going in replace of a r@w sticker long horns sticker alone the front only small and a jetpilot on the back and maybe long horns alone the tail gate but as u can see it isnt a rough beaten up ute it need lifting i know everyone here will say drop drop drop lol but the bar scrapes and same with the dual exhaust. and the roll bar is no coming with the sale but i will be getting one. i have had a lil think and im going to get yella terra rockers and hsv brakes the 18inch rims well clear the dictance needed to get the 230mm hsv brakes
vn2nv ur point about weighing it down is the reason i want it lifted it was lowered 2 inch in the fron probly 3 witht eh bar and 4 in the back it definatly needs lifting maybe 1 inch all round or 2 maybe
maybe someone could photo shop it for me a lil higher to see wat it looks like?

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
yer thats it the bloke who went over his car 2 take the bar off gave him the ADR sheets 4 them n said show this 2 cops next time u get pulled over and hasnt had a problem since all he had 2 do was take it off in the pits sign it off n put it back on haha was just the edges the cops didnt like on the sides but meh wat can they do now ay ;)

i know wat ya mean bout the weight of the bar my mate rekons wen he had it off he saved prolly 10ltrs of fuel coz of the drag and weight of it lol. sticker ideas sound sweet man, u gonnna get the R&M williams mudflaps 2?

veclubby

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE Clubsport
B&S spec lol :thumbsup:
just got back from the boyup brook ute muster and there were plenty of utes this style rollin round...so wats ur exhaust set up? i mean like brand wise and mufflers and hotdogs?

cheers
ryan

agrocm

Reaction score
yeah lol **** the fuel not sure if anyone seen the news in nsw but i live in lithgow lol they said were are 10 cent over charged in this town alone lol. lithgow is full of these kinda cars but apart from 1 or 2 this is the best looking so them bars are common and cops just live with it , but my mate owns a honda prelude and teh cops pull him up cause he had a oil pressure gauge on his bonnet and said if he hit someone and they rolled on the bonnet that it would tare them open lol hahah and u look at the size of that bar even at 30ks there would be nothing left, but thats how it is cops in our town hate rice lol :yeah: .
the mud flaps are a very possible option only on the back but not front bull bar ones.
vuv6 im un sure of all the names brands types ect as i have yet to take delivery but i know it extractors to 2.5 inch hot dogs mufflers and 3 inch out and soon it will have them lil flaps trucks have on there exhaust lol

agrocm

Reaction score
like i said ill post up a video of it maybe on you tube and give her a lil rev lol.
im thinking mods liek yella terra rockers and a custom cai kits (consisting of a after market cai and some pipe lol) a 69 mm throttle body and a cam. anyone have any idea how much all this would cost and an estimated kw/hp out put the only thing to it now is the exhasut
cheers